Horizontal lines on the bottom of monitor Z271U

Options
Lechowit
Lechowit Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hi I have a problem with my monitor Z271U. Today I noticed three horizontal lines on the bottom of the screen.
I rebooted the monitor and checked on DPA cable connected to PC and HDMI connected to console but annoying lines are still there.
What could be the solution for such issue?

Answers

• Lechowit

Tinkerer

Options

Horizontal lines on the bottom of monitor Z271U

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Boot to the BIOS screen and see if they are there as well. If so it's not the OS, if not then it's in the OS/driver.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Lechowit

Tinkerer

Options
    It's not OS it's the monitor. I checked the BIOS and these flickering lines are still there :(
  • billsey
    Options
    Are you still in warranty? If so now would be time to either contact your vendor (if you bought it really recently) or Acer support (if the vendor's return policy has expired). Also, are you running something like G-Sync? What frequency are you using for refresh rate?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Lechowit

Tinkerer

Options
    Three horizontal lines are still there regardless of connection of sources via DP or HDMI or refresh rate (60, 85, 100, 120, 144) or G-Sync on or off. I bought it in PC World/Currys in Newry, Northern Ireland exactly one year ago. Contacted them already - waiting for a reply. I have connected my PC to a projector and its fine so I am positive its faulty monitor.

• billsey
    Options
    Yes, that is what it is looking like.
  • Rud3dawg
    Rud3dawg Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Oh dang.. the top part of my screen started showing these lines and the refresh  is displaced by an inch almost  :( . Sadly this model of Acer I see has been having such problems

signs of BAD QA work as its common for this model
  • Rud3dawg
    Rud3dawg Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited June 2021
    Options

and this is after a while of flicker settling
  • TexanTrader
    TexanTrader Member Posts: 0 Newbie
    Options

I have the same problem but the lines come and go at the bottom. I will never buy another Acer laptop or monitor again. This has been a big nightmare since I have bought the laptop. they do seem to go away after a little while and I saw a comment that mentioned it had to heat up before functioning correctly. What a POS of a system considering I paid $1600 for the laptop.

• Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 687 Moderator
    Options

Hi @TexanTrader,

We thank you for joining our Acer community.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. It looks like you have posted your comment in an old thread. We request you to create a new thread with the model name of your unit and issue detail.

Regards,

Acer-Samuel