Acer X28 seems to lose signal during games

Options
firebolt059
firebolt059 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

When playing games, my predator X28 4k monitor goes black for about 1-2 seconds randomly during games. This has hapoened on a variety of games like final fantasy 7, battlefield, mortal kombat, etc.

Things I have tried to fix:

-capped to 144hz
-Disabled gpu overclock
-defaut nvidia control panel settings
-Ddu uninstall with fresh drivers
-Swapped ports in GPU, make sure plugs are firm with quality cables. swapped to new cables as well
-Applied Acer driver color profile downloaded from Acer site
-reset monitor settings and on graphics mode
-Hdr enabled and disabled

The monitor still randomly loses signal. Can anyone shed some light?

Please see the following posts here, I have the same issue and they explain it better.

Answers

• firebolt059

Tinkerer

Options

I have a 13900k and an rtx 4090 so I know the hardware is good. I am also on the latest Nvidia driver.

I have two friends also with acer x28 monitors and they get the same issue I have.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,582 Trailblazer
    Options

Install the Acer driver from this link. Open Device Manager. Expand Monitor folder. Right click generic pnp monitor. Click update driver. Click browse my computer for driver. Go to folder you have the setup information XB283K KV.INF file. You really should turn on show filename extensions in FileExplorer app so you can see which files are which.

Jack E/NJ

• firebolt059

Tinkerer

Options

Thabks, I'll try it when I get back home.

Do you have other tips I can try? Or have you seen the issue before?

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,582 Trailblazer
    Options

Sure. The generic Microsoft pnp monitor driver often isn't as good as the driver by the company who actually makes the monitor. In this case, Acer makes the monitor, not Microsoft.

Jack E/NJ