About brand new computer I bought 10 days ago.

Options
nurkonor
nurkonor Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello. This is my first time here and if I make a mistake sorry for this. I bought a new Acer Predator Helios 300 10 days ago from BestBuy in the U.S. I am Turkish and accommodating in Turkey normally. My parents visited my relatives and bought it when they were coming back. It had no problems till yesterday, but all of a sudden when I opened my computer yesterday night a green line appeared on the right side of the screen. It is nearly 3 inches long and not so thick. I never hit the computer to anywhere. It happened all of a sudden. I contacted Acer Turkey but they said they need to inspect the computer and the warranty does not provide Turkey support. I know that I have to send it back to America but does the warranty solve this problem or would they charge me for it? I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you in advance for your support. Have a nice day.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,264 Trailblazer
    edited June 2023
    Options

I don't know about repairs under warranty abroad and if dead pixels are falling under Acer warranty you can try to look it up on Acers Warranty sites:
    https://community.acer.com/en/kb/articles/15377-acer-international-travelers-warranty
    https://www.acer.com/us-en/support/warranty/warranty-information.html

That's a pity, brand new screen. I have such a blemish on my TN 16" screen, also on the right side but it is grey so I learned to live with it, so will you I hope. You can replace the panel after you get more pixel issues or when you want an IPS or OLED screen, TN or IPS 16" panels should not cost more than $100 to replace (Philippines) probably the same in Turkey.😉

• nurkonor
    Options

Thank you for responding. I can not contact Acer U.S.A for now but does the warranty includes dead pixels right? I can send it back to U.S but for now I want to use it also. I can live with it but it bothers me bcs I bought new laptop and look what I got now. I can't send it in these days but I can send it maybe in 3-4 months. Would it be a problem for me? Can they tell me it's too late and refuse? I need help about these things also?

And I can not find acer supports e-mail. My relatives can speak Acer Support with phone but I want to keep in touch also via email. Can anyone write if they know? I found and email named support@acer.com but they didn't replaced my mail yet. So I thought maybe it is old. Thank you for your help

• nurkonor
    Options

I can live with it but I think I don't want to live with it. It is brand new but it is with dead pixels. I can send it back to U.S.A but not in these days. I want to use it also. I can send it in 3-4 months. Would it be problem for me? For example, will Acer tell me "you're too late, we won't fix it anymore"? I need help about this actually.

I can't contact directly also. My relatives in U.S can contact for me but I want to keep in touch myself via e-mail. But I can't find Acer USA e-mail in the website. I googled it and I found something like support@acer.com but they are not responding my mail. If you know it can you let me know? Thank you guys in advance. Have a nice day.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,264 Trailblazer
    Options

Zero Bright Dot (ZBD) coverage is 3 months. You better not wait.