My Gateway GWTN141-108K will not detect Silcon Power m.2 SSD after install

Options
mitchiemeow
mitchiemeow Member Posts: 2 New User

HI! I recently bought 2 Gateway GWTN141-108L laptops. on the back there's a section for easy installation of a nvme ssd. I've tried installing the ssd multiple times and its not detected in BIOS, partition manager or in the files. i tested the ssd on the other gateway laptop and it wasn't detected there either. this is a brand new ssd so im thinking theirs maybe a compatibility issue? the software silicon power gives out couldn't detect the ssd either. before i replace the ssd and try another one, i want to make sure its not the laptop itself with the problem. what m.2 ssd's are compatible with this model? also i have a custom build i could test the ssd in but i prefer not to if i don't have to.

looking forward to getting help with this! 😄

Answers

• mitchiemeow
    mitchiemeow Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

in the steps to initialize, i don't get the popup that step 3 mentions.

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hello! Did you disconnect the lithium battery before installing the new ssd?

With the ssd plugged in, can you upload a picture of the bios info tab?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Unfortunately we don't have access to detailed specs on the Walmart Gateway models. They contracted with Acer to provide all support for them and got a lower price because of it. It's a new enough model however that I'd expect it to work. Are you sure the SSD itself is functional? If it's not working in two laptops maybe it's because it's not working at all.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.