orion 3000 po3-640 ? Ram upgrade Will this ram Kingston FURY Beast 16GB

Options
AdamDGP
AdamDGP Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited April 2023 in Predator Desktops

Will this ram Kingston FURY Beast 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200 CL16 work with orion 3000 po3-640 ?

[Edited the thread  to add  model  name to the  title and  issue detail]

Answers

• AdamDGP
    AdamDGP Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options
    Crucial 16GB DDR4-3200 UDIMM will this one work ?

and will it be ok to have 1 x 16gb and 2x8gb ?

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Options

@AdamDGP

Kindly go through the details captured from service manual designed for your computer.

You can use 4 X 8 = 32 gb

You can also use 4 X 16 = 64 gb

Pict 1

Pict 2

I would like to provide some additional info which will really help you. 

Kindly go through the details given below.  The info provided below will be very helpful to get the current memory and ssd details of your computer and the options to upgrade it.  

Please visit the website given below.  There is an option to  "start your scan "  and " select your computer " .  Please chose the options and try it.  It will show you the memory and SSD’s details and the best upgrade options for you.. 

https://www.crucial.com/

It will tell you what you currently have and what you can add for memory and SSD's. 

Note: If you decide to buy you can always compare the prices by visiting other websites or stores and then you can decide.  We are providing the info of scan app just to show you the upgrade options.  You can even download similar scan apps from other memory upgrade websites too. 

To check the compatibility of ram which you can use on your computer.. Get CPUz and check it with that in SPD section of all the RAM and specs that you have, its a quick and simple way to check all OEM specs and what you have in your system. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,119 Trailblazer
    edited April 2023
    Options

Yes, it will be fine, what's your current memory combination? are you replacing RAM or adding more RAM? it's better if you install 2x8GB but 1x16GB also will work.

• whk
    whk Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Has anyone actually tried the Crucial 16GB DDR4-3200 UDIMM? Does it really work and maintain the 3200 speed? I tried the Kingston Fury Beast 3200, but the memory speed reduced to 2400.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

Kingston Fury Beast memory is designed for XMP overclocking, and when used in a non-XMP machine will run at it's base level, often 2133MHz but in your case 2400MHz. You want memory with a regular JEDEC profile, not XMP.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.