Compatible RAM upgrade for Predator Orion 3000 PO3-640

Unclechro
Unclechro Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi all,

I know there are some posts about this but I am hoping someone can give me a clear simple answer or even a link to compatible RAM.

I have the Predator Orion 3000 PO3-640 which came with pre-installed 2 x 8gb Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 CL22 3200mhz RAM but I want to upgrade to 32gb (2 x 16gb) RAM but for the life of me I can't find a straight replacement. Can anyone tell me or give me a link to RAM I can use to replace this but without loads of tech jargon as I am a bit of a noob when it comes to all this, any help woukd be hugely appreciated ?

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,924 Pathfinder

@Unclechro

Below is the Ram upgrades info

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Unclechro
    Unclechro Member Posts: 2 New User

@Jack22

Thanks for this but as I am non techie what I really need is for someone just to say "you need this RAM" and maybe even a link, the issue I have is I can find similar RAM but they are not CL22 or not 1.2v so not sure if that matters ?

I just find it ridiculous to believe that ACER woukd make these gaming PCs that you can't then upgrade the RAM on or am I just misunderstanding the CL22 and 1.2v bit ?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,453 Trailblazer

A link is going to be based on where you are, since different vendors are used in different locales. The memory used in the PO3-640 is pretty standard JEDEC 3200 ram. Just stay away from XMP memory and it will be fine.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.