Acer kg272s Monitor how do I change this? it gets me stuck on 60hz max.

Options
Khai1090
Khai1090 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 2023 in Monitors

i bought the Acer kg272s montor which is supposedly 1980x1080 but it reads the monior as 3840x2160. i cant find the option to change it anywhere and it gets me stuck on 60hz max.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and to add issue detail]

Answers

• Emma_
    Emma_ Moderator, Member Posts: 226 Moderator
    Options

Hello!!

@Khai1090

Monitor Kg272s is set to 144hz but it feels like 60hz>>>i connected the Monitor to my Lenovo Laptop who has a intel core i3 1005G1 CPU and Intel UHD Graphics>>

Sorry, unless your Lenovo laptop also has a separate discrete GPU like an nvidia or radeon chip, the integrated Intel UHD graphics usually can't deliver more than about 75Hz max to the monitor. The monitor can only display frames per second (FPS) or refresh rates (Hz) as fast as the Lenovo Intel GPU can deliver.

Go to this link for more info. I don't think this Lenovo's i3's graphics can handle more than 60Hz at practical resolutions for this monitor

Go to this link for more info. I don't think this Lenovo's i3's graphics can handle more than 60Hz at practical resolutions for this monitor Also please read your user manual for supported resoutions. There are some resolutions the monitor simply won't support from the integrated Intel graphics at practical frames rates. You need a laptop or desktop with a discrete graphics adapter or a more powerful CPU/GPU to make full use of this monitor. 

Check given link for more details:

Regards,

LunaNova14

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,730 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi @Khai1090 can you please tell me the exact model of the equipment and the version of the operating system?
    The information displayed by the monitor is the information it receives from the computer's graphics card.
    Please go to:
    display settings - screen resolution
    and check the resolution.
    Check also in "advanced screen" the update frequency.
    Thank you.
    All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• Khai1090
    Khai1090 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

hey @Alejandro_AC thanks for your reply. im currently using the acer nitro kg2 series/kg272s connected to a GTX 1660 super with hdmi 2.0 and im on windows 10. There was no issue whatsoever for the last couple months of me using this monitor and this problem came about suddenly. My active signal resolution is still on 3840x2160 which is not my native res. Currently i can set my resolution to 3840x2160 and 1920x1080 but still stuck on 60 hz.

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,730 Trailblazer
    Options

Can you tell me the exact model of the computer and the version of the operating system?
    Please access the NVidia control panel - display - resolution
    and check what resolution you have.
    Thank you.
    All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,921 Trailblazer
    Options

Can you roll back to the previous version of the drivers for your 1660? It sounds like it's confuse with the 4K resolution thing, but 4K, if supported, would limit you to 60Hz. The issue is that it's not supported, and at FHD you should be able to run at a higher frequency.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.