144hz feels like 60hz KG272S

Options
kjena
kjena Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited January 2023 in Monitors

Hello my Monitor Kg272s is set to 144hz but it feels like 60hz

i connected the Monitor to my Lenovo Laptop who has a intel core i3 1005G1 CPU and Intel UHD Graphics

i have testet 2 HDMI cables these two have hdmi 2.0

My Monitor settings are

Over Drive Extreme , Amd Freesync Premium Off , VRB Off , Ultra Low Latency Off , Blue Light Off , ACM Off , HDR Off , Super Sharpness Off

Sorry for my bad english

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,560 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

>>>Hello my Monitor Kg272s is set to 144hz but it feels like 60hz>>>i connected the Monitor to my Lenovo Laptop who has a intel core i3 1005G1 CPU and Intel UHD Graphics>>>

Sorry, unless your Lenovo laptop also has a separate discrete GPU like an nvidia or radeon chip, the integrated Intel UHD graphics usually can't deliver more than about 75Hz max to the monitor. The monitor can only display frames per second (FPS) or refresh rates (Hz) as fast as the Lenovo Intel GPU can deliver.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options

>>>Hello my Monitor Kg272s is set to 144hz but it feels like 60hz>>>i connected the Monitor to my Lenovo Laptop who has a intel core i3 1005G1 CPU and Intel UHD Graphics>>>

Sorry, unless your Lenovo laptop also has a separate discrete GPU like an nvidia or radeon chip, the integrated Intel UHD graphics usually can't deliver more than about 75Hz max to the monitor. The monitor can only display frames per second (FPS) or refresh rates (Hz) as fast as the Lenovo Intel GPU can deliver.

Jack E/NJ

• kjena

Tinkerer

Options

oh ok thank you for your answer

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,801 Pathfinder
    Options

@kjena are you able to change to 144Hz in the Intel Graphics Command Center?

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • kjena

Tinkerer

edited January 2023
    Options

Yes, I can change it to 165 too, but it still feels like 60 Hz @AnhEZ28

• AnhEZ28
    Options

@kjena what did you use for the visualization testing? Like games, scrolling, or dragging windows around?

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
  • kjena

Tinkerer

Options

@AnhEZ28 I tested it in CSGO and moved windows around and with my mouse cursor.

• JackE
    Options

Go to this link for more info. I don't think this Lenovo's i3's graphics can handle more than 60Hz at practical resolutions for this monitor

Jack E/NJ

• AnhEZ28
    Options

@kjena seems like your laptop's specs are not powerful enough to run CSGO at high FPS. You can try to use lowest settings and lowering the resolution

• kjena

Tinkerer

edited January 2023
    Options

In Minecraft, I get relative high fps and I activate 165 Hz, but it still doesn't work I tried another time in CSGO with low settings and optimized I get 170 - 190 fps, and it also doesn't work. @AnhEZ28

• JackE
    Options

Go to this link for more info. I don't think this Lenovo's i3's graphics can handle more than 60Hz at practical resolutions for this monitor Also please read your user manual for supported resoutions. There are some resolutions the monitor simply won't support from the integrated Intel graphics at practical frames rates. You need a laptop or desktop with a discrete graphics adapter or a more powerful CPU/GPU to make full use of this monitor. Sorry.

Jack E/NJ

• kjena

Tinkerer

Options

Maybe it was a driver update because 4 or 5 months back I had no problems, and it was perfect with 165 and 144 Hz, should I look up older intel drivers and install them?

And would an external GPU help or should I go with a new laptop/pc instead

• JackE
    Options

>>>Maybe it was a driver update because 4 or 5 months back I had no problems, and it was perfect with 165 and 144 Hz, should I look up older intel drivers and install them?>>>

Do you mean the Lenovo was perfect with the KG272S monitor 4 or 5 months ago? If yes, what is the full model number of your Lenovo laptop? It might also have discrete G:PU.

Jack E/NJ

• kjena

Tinkerer

Options

Yes, 4 or 5 months ago it worked great, and I felt that it was 165 and 144 Hz my Laptop model is Lenovo Think Book 15-IIL 20SM002LGE.@JackE

• JackE
    Options

Well, the Lenovo doesn't seem to have a discrete GPU. Is it still running the original Lenovo OEM factory-installed Win10Pro or something else ? Did you perhaps make any changes to the Lenovo 4 or 5 mos ago?

Jack E/NJ

• kjena

Tinkerer

Options

No Windows 10 Pro still, but I once upgraded to win11, but then I reverted to Windows 10 back.

• JackE
    Options

>>>but I once upgraded to win11, but then I reverted to Windows 10 back.>>>

What method did you use to revert back to the Lenovo OEM factory edition of Win10Pro?

Jack E/NJ

• kjena

Tinkerer

Options

I downloaded the media creation tool from the official Microsoft website.

• JackE
    Options

Sorry, that's the Microsfott generic version, not the Lenovo factory OEM version. The system library files that the Intel GPU depends on are probably not the same. And likely explains why it can't deliver the refresh rates that it used to with the factory OEM Win10 Pro version. So---

1. Did you make a Lenovo factory USB image either when you first got the Lenovo or immediately before you tried Win11 on it?
    2. If no, did you get either a USB or DVD factory Win10Pro recovery media with the machine?
    3. If still no, does your laptop have the Lenovo one key recovery (OKR) keyboard option?

Jack E/NJ

• kjena

Tinkerer

Options

Ohh Yea I got the One key recovery button, I will do that Now I'm going to update you soon if it worked.