I would like to change the case to KRUX Vako I need help with my Acer N50-500 Series.

Options
13»

Answers

• benjyc
    benjyc Member Posts: 28 Troubleshooter
    Options

never mind i’ve sorted it now, i had to take the old tray of of it and just slide it in. i swapped the case was very nervous to do so but it went fine. waiting on the fans now

• papayatek
    papayatek Member Posts: 68 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options

Awesome! not difficult at all right? So much space now eh? btw you should drill two screw holes for your GPU support bracket.

• benjyc
    Options

yeah agreed was super easy! just need to do bits and bobs like the mounting bracket etc!

• benjyc
    Options

just a question, what’s your aio? if you’re still answering on here.

• papayatek
    edited July 2023
    Options

Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 white ARGB

http://www.thermalright.com/product/frozen-notte-240-white-argb/

-inexpensive and doing an excellent job.

optional: but if you're gonna change your cpu cooler, you might consider changing the LGA 1700 bracket. IF you google "LGA 1700 bend" you can read about the issues of the LGA 1700 bracket bending issue. Short term it will not allow your CPU to make perfect contact with your thermalpaste and cooling plate. Long term, it might damage your CPU.

-It's around a $10 fix, to replace the bracket. Again I used Thermalright LGA 1700 bracket fix.

-easy to replace, unscrew, leave the cpu alone, remove the bracket, replace with the new bracket, screw back. NOTE how easily it is to unscrew, that's how tight you want to screw them back on. The moment the screws tighten, that's enough.

• benjyc
    Options

thank youuuuu sm.

• benjyc
    Options

also did your aio come with thermalpaste? saw someone on youtube say it did but just wanted to make sure 😃

• papayatek
    edited July 2023
    Options

yep, BOTH the AIO and LGA 1700 bracket fix comes with thermal paste. The bracket fix also comes with the star screwdriver.

-forgot to mention, for the AIO, the fans plug into the CPU FAN header on your motherboard. The pump needs to be plugged into SATA power. Acer motherboards don't have a separate pump header.

• benjyc
    Options

Thank you.

I had to reset my phone ages ago and forgot to look back at this. sorry for not replying for ages, getting an aio soon!

• papayatek
    Options

cool, if you need any further help, just ask

• Andersboss
    Andersboss Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hello i have same motherboard as you, all im wondering is are there any internal usb header cause i want to hook up my nzxt internal usb hub but can seem to find information.