I would like to change the case to KRUX Vako I need help with my Acer N50-500 Series.

Options

Answers

• papayatek
    papayatek Member Posts: 68 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited May 2023
    Options

-almost everyone will tell you that the stock cpu coolers are not the best, but it's up to you if you want to upgrade to a better one. You can always do it at a later time.

-When you're working on your computer, make sure you don't cause static electricity, so don't work on carpets or let your cat near heh.

-watch this video around 1:25 it will show you how to plug the power/reset/hdd light.

-If you want to use the front USB ports, you can always buy extension cords. I ordered one of these so I can just plug it into the front USB C and then screw it into the front or top of the case. Have to cut a small hole.

• papayatek
    edited May 2023
    Options

-probably the trickiest part, because they are so tiny, is that you have to pop off these two tiny m2 wifi pins to remove the front and back antennae. Unscrew the m2 wifi first, take it out of the slot than carefully pop off these two pin heads. They pop off and on easily, but they are so tiny so be careful. You'll need to use the blade of a knife to rip the antennae off the case, they are stuck on with very sticky tape. Don't worry about bending the antennae, it's soft metal. Remember the black wire goes to the back and the white goes to the front.

you can watch this video:

• benjyc
    benjyc Member Posts: 28 Troubleshooter
    Options

right, you are a lifesaver thank you so much! i will let you know how i get on. Results Will Be here as well.

one more question. does the ssd just come straight out and you put it into the new tray?

• benjyc
    Options

so the wi-fi card thing. is this a must do?

• papayatek
    edited May 2023
    Options

the ssd hardrive that has your windows 11 on it?

• papayatek
    Options

yeah you have to remove the m2 wifi card and pop off those 2 pin heads to remove the front and back antennae.

• benjyc
    Options

yeah i think it’s that, it’s in the tray next to the psu.

i’m not sure what you mean by the antennae. (new to all this stuff) please explain.

• papayatek
    Options

the SSD is underneath the CPU fan, it's a small card, it holds your windows 11. SSDs are newer and are superfast, so it's best to install games that requires fast transfer rates. Leave the SSD alone when you swap your case.

The HDD are in the bracket next to the PSU, these are the old style hard drives, good for holding data such as pics, movies, music etc…

you will need to remove the HDDs when you do the case swap, your new case has their own bracket to hold the HDDs.

• papayatek
    Options

You see that black rectangular box at the back of your Acer case? it holds the back wifi antennae. There is also a front antennae underneath the front panel of your acer case:

• benjyc
    Options

ohhh that’s the antenna makes sense, now i understand and the ssd makes sense just wanted to check as i don’t fancy it breaking or anything

• benjyc
    Options

with the antennae does it just come off the back of the pc on the nitro as well?

• benjyc
    Options

also do the antennae cables just click back in?

• papayatek
    Options

The antennae are stuck onto the Acer case with very sticky double sided tape, I used a knife to pry them off. Yep just snap them off and pop them back on, use the corner of a credit card or something to pop them back on, because they are tiny.

• benjyc
    Options

ok sounds good! i think i’m all prepared for the case swap, just need too order the fans thank you so so so so much for the help!

• benjyc
    Options

i think this is my final question. with the stock cpu fan can i just screw the fan off and replace it with a different fan?

• benjyc
    Options

never mind just realised the one i was getting is square so wouldn’t fit onto the cpu cooler block. could you let me know which aoi coolers are good. wont upgrade straight away but will most likely be soon

• papayatek
    Options

If you decide to upgrade your CPU cooler, most CPU coolers come with their own mounting brackets. It's easy to do. Unscrew and remove the old CPU cooler, clean off the old thermal paste with a towel and rubbing alcohol. Turn over the motherboard and you'll need to remove the black plastic bracket. It's stuck with double sided tape, just push it out with a bit of force and it will come off, don't need a knife to pry it off.

-Whatever CPU cooler you choose, make sure it is compatible with LGA 1700

-you have endless options for a CPU cooler once you do the case swap, plenty of space for tower type or AIO liquid coolers.

-I used Thermalright fans and CPU cooler, because they are cheap and good lol, I'm happy with the results.

-Thermalright seems to have flooded the North American Market and getting good reviews.

• benjyc
    Options

yeah your pc looks so good, therms light is a really good brand tbh i’m getting all my fans from them. i might get a aoi as cpu blocks look a bit bulky and they stick out.

• benjyc
    Options

thermalight*

• benjyc
    Options

my hdd doesn’t fit into the hdd tray. what did you do about this? i’ll send a photo when i fit the fans