CXI3 ChromeOS Google Meet Problem is I can't find it anywhere to download.

redorium
redorium Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in Chromebooks

Hi.

Have an old'ish CXI3 would like to set up for Google Meet but the ChromeOS version seems to block that now.

Would like to revert to a previous version of ChromeOS (the version recommended is v88 or v89). Problem is I can't find it anywhere to download.

Closest I've come is:

https://chromiumdash.appspot.com/serving-builds?deviceCategory=Chrome%20OS

https://cros.tech/

But no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Red

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer

Follow the instructions at this link for a factory reset.

Jack E/NJ

• redorium

Tinkerer

thanks, but the factory reset did not work.

• redorium

Tinkerer

found some older versions, but they may be too old v66-69

• redorium

Tinkerer

Im told v88 or v89 are ideal

• redorium

Tinkerer

full reset puts me at v92

• JackE

the factory reset did not work.»>full reset puts me at v92

Your first comment seems to contradict your second comment? Please explain.

Jack E/NJ

• redorium

Tinkerer

Sorry, meant to say that while I was able to successfully perform a reset of the device, the chromeOS of the device after the reset was v92. A chromeOS v92 in the device still does not allow me to boot the cxi3 into google meet mode.

From other discussion groups, I've been told that a chromeOS version of 88 or 89 should allow me to use the cxi3 as a google meet device.

I was able to find older versions of chromeos for the cxi3 (v66 - v69) but while they allow me to boot into google meet mode and even enroll the device, the cxi3 throws an error that "Google meet is unable to connect to Google. We'll keep trying…"…and yes, I've confirmed the network connectivity to the device is good.

So, back to looking for version 88 or 89 of chromeOS for the cxi3.

Thanks

• JackE

From other discussion groups, I've been told that a chromeOS version of
    88 or 89 should allow me to use the cxi3 as a google meet device.

Do you have links to these discussions that I could review?

Jack E/NJ

• redorium

Tinkerer

the discussions are pretty much the same as in this thread, not a lot more info to glean. if you have a particular question or suggestion, please feel free to reply here.

• JackE

Yes, I'd like to see the link that claims v88 or v89 should work. Generally speaking, the base ChromeOS version is what you get when you first acquired the machine from the factory. In your case, apparently v92. Unlike other operating systems, trying to downgrade the original factory ChromeOS version won't work properly if it works at all.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    edited March 2023

I wonder if they used to have a ChromeOS native app in those old versions, then switched to only the Android app in the newer ones? Do you have the Playstore installed?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • redorium

Tinkerer

Thanks…Ive tried that before with no luck.

Found some old images, will try that.

🤙

• redorium

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

Update:

Was able to find a version of chromeos that worked for the device.

For those who are interested, found it using wayback machine: https://web.archive.org/web/20210531233109/https%3A//cros-updates-serving.appspot.com/

The version that ended up working was fizz v87

There was an error displaying this embed.

• JackE

Congrats. Thanks for the info.

Jack E/NJ

• kittbrooks
    kittbrooks Member Posts: 2 New User

New to this. Trying to find OS for Acer chrombook CB3-111. Technical support says it is possible and they will walk me through for about $100. Anyone please know how to do this on USB drive? Am at the libraray and really having a hard time trying to install.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer

Your CB3-111 is very different from the CXI3 this thread is for. Please start a new thread for your issue and include the full model number. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like CB3-111-xxxx. You can also just give us the model series (CB3-111) and a description of the rest of the build, especially drive size and type if known. Include a desription of the issue and what you have tried to fix it so far.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • redorium

Tinkerer

edited April 2023

its built into the chromebook recovery tool.

install the chromebook recovery tool extension in google chrome and the wizard will walk you through installing the OS onto a usb flash drive

boot the laptop into recovery mode (each model has a different method, look this up for your model) and use the usb-flash to install the OS,

• PortentousA
    PortentousA Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi @redorium

I was wondering if you could assist me with getting the recovery image installed, I've downloaded and created the recovery image, when booting into recovery by pressing the pinhole at the back

I get an error message when it's verifying the recovery image, stating that I'm using an out-of-date Chrome os

Is there a way to bypass this @redorium ?