How can I restore my Acer Chromebox?
Your Acer Chromebox has a pinhole recovery button to allow you to easily restore the system. Use the following steps to restore your Acer Chromebox.
- Turn off your Chromebox.
- Use a small paperclip to push the pinhole recovery button.
- Hold down the recovery button while turning on the device.
- Press the Ctrl + D keys at the same time.
- Press the recovery button with the paperclip again.
- The device will reboot and the screen will display a red exclamation mark.
- Press Ctrl + D keys at the same time. The Chromebox will boot to developer mode and erase all local data. The deletion takes approximately 10 minutes.
- After this process is completed, press the spacebar at the bootup screen.
- Press Enter to return to verified mode. The system will be restored after your Chromebox reboots.