No Bootable Device message when I turn on Acer Spin 1SP111-33

Options
2»

Answers

• arsen_a75
    arsen_a75 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi! Is it possible to find out the nominals of missing parts: resistors, capacitors, etc?

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,618 Trailblazer
    Options

It's a simple SATA3 manboard connector for a 2.5" laptop HDD or SSD. No resistors, capacitors, inductors or other passive electrical components. You would have to ask discrete component distributors like DigiKey or Mouser if they stock them. You would need special pin point soldering or reflow tools to connect it to its mainboard pad.

Jack E/NJ

• arsen_a75
    arsen_a75 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank you for your answer. Do you want to say, that only connector is missing? I have soldering skills, I can do it myself. I thought there are other missing components also.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,618 Trailblazer
    Options

The mainboard pad only supports the 2.5" connector. Whether or not the printed circuit board conductor traces to and from that pad lead to all the other necessary mainboard components depends on the detailed mainboard schematics. I think they do but can't guarantee it100%. If you need 100% certainty before you tackle the job, then you should try to purchase the mainboard schematic Cost is usually about $20-30usd. We Acer users on these user forums are not Acer employees or service reps. Accordingly, we do not have access to detailed schematics like this without purchasing them ourselves from a 3rd party.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,921 Trailblazer
    Options

Based on the pictures they show on that site, they aren't going to provide you with actual schematics, just part placement diagrams. You have to be able to read the part numbers off the parts themselves to figure out what they are, and there typically aren't numbers on resistors, caps and the like.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.