Aspire TC 1760 Keyboard remap How can you have access to the “normal” keys.

TrucMuche
TrucMuche Member Posts: 3 New User

Function keys are avalaible when you press the Fn button.

It is very annoying to press F2 to correct something to discover you have put the computer in sleep mode.

How can you have access to the “normal” keys.

There is nothing in the boot to do that.

[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

What computer do you have? Typically we see that with a laptop and they sometimes have BIOS settings to change the behavior. For desktop systems is usually a function of the keyboard itself…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TrucMuche
    TrucMuche Member Posts: 3 New User

Aspire TC 1760

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

On my TC-895-UA92

I have to hold F2 and the function key to go to sleep mode

F2 alone allows me to rename a file

Just don't hold the FN key at the same time.

HOWEVER when I first got this in Dec 2021, you did have to do an FN and F12 to get into the boot menu. I replaced the keyboad with a old one and all was OK, then later I tried the old one and it was OK ???

Maybe this will help

• JoDreyer
    JoDreyer Member Posts: 1 New User

How do I change the HOME key to be the DELETE key like on most keyboards. And possibly the power button as the HOME key and another button to rather be the power button. Why was the layout changed so drastically?

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,828 Trailblazer

On my keyboard, a515-54, the only dual function keys that operate with Fn are F11, F7 and F2, all 3 are Edge browser or Office functions, the rest are single function keys. Some programs may be using the other 9 function keys with Fn. There is no simple way to remap a keyboard, requires freeware.