TMP215-53 crashed, won't boot and can't clean install Windows 11. Please assist.

tmbro
tmbro Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,

I just purchased a TravelMate P215-53 for my brother (who lives with me). We bought it from Amazon DE because we're living in Budapest right now but we are US citizens.

We received the machine yesterday and had it for less than 24 hours when my brother told me there is a problem with it. He said it prompted him to restart for an update. After he did that he got a blue screen saying sorry there was a problem. Now the situation is that it only boots into Windows Recovery screen. Under Troubleshoot there is no Reset this PC option. Restoring from an image is not an option, Uninstalling latest update option had no effect. There was no effective options available. I did a little googling and tried a few command prompt commands for BCDEdit and partdisk but it seems it doesn't find any disks in either case.

Machine came with Windows 11 Pro pre-installed.

So, I think to myself "Well, brand new computer. We'll just do a clean install of Windows 11, no problem"...

1. I download the ISO image from Microsoft and put it on a USB
  2. I enter BIOS on boot and enable F12 boot menu
  3. Use boot menu to boot from USB
  4. Trackpad is not working in Windows 11 installer, no problem I use the keyboard
  5. First screen after Install button tells me I am missing drivers and it is not possible to proceed. Only option is to Browse or Rescan.

So, I followed these instructions from Acer support,: https://community.acer.com/en/kb/articles/13818-error-message-we-couldnt-find-any-drives-to-get-a-storage-driver-click-load-driver-during-windows-installation-on-systems-with-intel-11th-generation-tiger-lake-processors Download the IRST drivers and put it on another USB. The drivers appear in the dialog after selecting the folder from the USB but it does not allow the install to proceed. I can see when I click Browse that it does see the nvme drive labelled Windows 11.

So, download every driver from the Acer support page here: https://www.acer.com/us-en/support?search=NXVPREG00A139050AE7600;NX.VPREG.00A;TMP215-53&filter=global_download and try the install process again but after running through every driver there I can not get the Windows 11 installer to proceed.

What can I do for the next steps?

Best Regards,

Bro

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,771 Pathfinder

@tmbro go into the BIOS, MAIN tab, and press CTRL+S. You should see the VMD controller show up. Disable it and try reinstalling Windows again.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • tmbro
    tmbro Member Posts: 2 New User

Yes, actually we got it working.