Acer Aspire 5 A515-56 15.6 black flickering screen

Options
Garyb123
Garyb123 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited October 2022 in Aspire Laptops

Hi,

so we purchased our laptop via Amazon and almost straight away it randomly black screens, sometimes flickering at the top, also sometimes black screens then restarts!

we have been advised to factory reset and this, seemed to work for like a day then back to the same thing. We have tried going back to windows 10, still the same.

I have added some screen shots from a video of the problem.

we are running filmora 11 video editing program and it all seems to run as it should.

thank you in advance for any advice 😁

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

What is the exact model? Example an515-55-58vh.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Garyb123
    Options

Acer Aspire 5 A515-56 15.6

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Can you tell me the bios version?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Garyb123
    Options

Bios version V1.26

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Does the display flicker in the bios? How many days do you have to exchange the laptop on amazon?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Garyb123
    edited October 2022
    Options

No it just randomly flickers, sometimes goes black then restarts.

it seemed fine in bios.

we could probably send it back but we already have another laptop on return to Amazon and they want a month to refund. We are not having much luck 😕

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

If the laptop was mine, I would try to update the bios to version 1.30 and see what happens.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Garyb123
    Options

Okay I will look at how that’s done. Thank you very much for your advice. Much appreciate

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Then report here if the issue is resolved or not.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Garyb123
    Options

unfortunately the Bios update did not fix the problem, looks like I will have to send it back to Amazon!

thank you very much for your help

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer