aspire switch 10 Boot trouble

Options
Michael19
Michael19 Member Posts: 32 Troubleshooter
edited September 2022 in Switch Series

Hi can anyone please assist me with my asire switch 10 as it's loads the Acer logo than says loading files than back to Acer logo than switches off and on and does that continuously

[Thread was edited to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Michael19
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hi my notebook on startup shows the Acer logo than says loading files than back the Acer logo with loading rings than switches off and on by itself and does the same over and over, have tried the recovery via USB with no luck and the ALT+F10 and this comes up.

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,212 Overclocked Contributor WiFi Icon
    Options

Ty to repair and restore Windows 10. First boot into Advanced Startup Options Menu. In the advanced options, start "Startup Repair" or use "System restore" to restore Windows using a restore point recorded on your pc.

• Michael19
    Options

Thanks for the reply wascas, but my PC won't go pass the Acer logo, the screenshot I uploaded is where I get to when I use F2,

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,212 Overclocked Contributor WiFi Icon
    edited September 2022
    Options

What is your operating system? Why do you use F2 for entering BIOS?

• Michael19
    Options

It was windows 8.1, was told to use F2, or ALT+F10 but still no luck

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,630 Trailblazer
    Options

Press and hold power button till laptop shuts off. Then turn it back on and IMMEDIATELY start tapping the F2 key. Don't wait for the logo to appear. The BIOS menu should appear. Please post a phone photo of the BIOS INFORMATION page if possible.

Jack E/NJ

• Michael19
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hi JackE, this is what I come to

[Edited the thread to hide sensitive information]

• Michael19
    Options

This is what it does when I power up the laptop

• Michael19
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hope this helps

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information]

• JackE
    Options

It might means the BIOS is having problems reading a file the boot chip. Go to the BIOS MAIN page and make sure F12 and D2D options are enabled. Then press F10 to save settings and exit. If the machine still won't boot to Windows, then press and hold the power button again to shut the laptop off. Then turn it back on and IMMEDIATELY press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key to see if a recovery screen appears.

Jack E/NJ

• Michael19
    edited September 2022
    Options

Do u have a WhatsApp number we can chat of, my number is XXXXX South Africa

[Thread was edited to hide sensitive information]

• JackE
    Options

Sorry not possible.

The problem appears to be the boot chip. Unfortunately, this chip is flash memory and usually fails like a thumb drive after a few years of many read & write storage cycles. It's really not designed for local data storage but more for internet drive storage, aka cloud storange. It might be salvageable if the failure is on a hidden partition the BIOS must read before it will allow booting.

Go to the BIOS MAIN page and make sure F12 and D2D options are enabled. Then press F10 to save settings and exit. If the machine still won't boot to Windows, then press and hold the power button again to shut the laptop off.

Then turn it back on and IMMEDIATELY press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key to see if a recovery screen appears.

Jack E/NJ

• Michael19
    Options

Ok will try it in the morning than will let u know the outcome

• Michael19
    Options

Please see if all settings are right

• Michael19
    Options

I get to recovery screen

• JackE
    Options

Go back into the BIOS Security tab to set and save a supervisor password. Then F10 to save password and exit. Then shut machine down again. Turn it back on and immediately tap F2 to re-enter the BIOS with the password. Then disable secure boot. F10 to save settings and exit. Then turn it off and again. Then turn it back on and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key to re-try recovery again.

Jack E/NJ

• Michael19
    Options

Hi I did everything u said but still come up to the same recovery page

• JackE
    Options

Go to this link to make a Win10 USB installation flash drive. Then insert the flash drive. Turn on the machine and immediately tap F12 key to boot from the USB flash drive. Try to get to the troubleshooting or advanced section of the menu that pops up. We'll try to repair the EMMC chip from there. acerwiniso-10

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,961 Trailblazer
    Options

That does help a lot. The eMMC drive is showing good enough to return the model and serial number at least. Go to the Main tab and make sure that the F12 Boot Menu is enabled. Next go to the Boot tab and disable Secure Boot. With those changes done you can save and exit. Next you are going to want to boot on a Windows install flash drive and use the Repair function to get a command prompt. From the command prompt starts diskpart and show us the results of:

list disk
    list vol
    sel disk 0 (or 1, whichever matches your eMMC shown in the list disk command)
    list part

Once we see those we can dig deeper...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Michael19
    Options

How do I get to repair function and get to a command prompt