My Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57 suddenly performance drop and fans inside my laptop went crazy and fast.

2»

Answers

• xBullseye
    xBullseye Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello everyone.

I am also experiencing the same issue. I bought the laptop in June 2022 and since then I never had any issues (RTX 3060). 2 days ago, I left my laptop turned on until the battery went out. Today, I recharged it to a 100% a few hours ago and tried to run rocket league, I got 5-10 fps ONLY. I usually run this game at 300 fps with high graphics.

This is frustrating and sad to be dealing with this unknown issue that has no solutions apparently. Please help.

Thanks!

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,769 Trailblazer

I left my laptop turned on until the battery went out.

Li-ion battery packs often irreversibly fail when discharged below the critical 5% level. Try this. With the machine turned off, allow the battery to charge for 24 hrs.

Then turn it back on. Open the elevated command prompt. Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Compare design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity. Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible.

Jack E/NJ

• fluxxywuxxy
    fluxxywuxxy Member Posts: 1 New User

Hey there, I have the same issues as the previous dudes. I did what you asked and charged it for 24 hours straight (I set a timer so its accurate). Opened up the battery report and said data can be looked at in the picture(s) below.

However being just a high-schooler, I'm not sure what I'm trying to look at here. So instead, I booted up MW23 and sure enough its running at a low 20 fps, still. (its usually 60 before the fan got wild a few days prior due to the battery shortage situation thingy).

P.S. I have cleaned my laptop from any dust that was in the fans itself, nothing changed. Plus if these tips don't work well ima just have to send it to the repair shop to see what's happening with the hardware.

Dates back from 2023-02-13 (As seen in the picture) but I bought this laptop in around May I believe (2023-05).

Fans went crazy in 2023-12-18, charged it until 2023-12-19.