Acer Nitro 7 AN715-51 Touchpad Issue

Halfborn
Halfborn Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

My touchpads stops working on its own and then after a while like a few days suddenly starts working for a few hours after which it stops working again....when the touchpad does work it is very smooth and when it doesnt work it shows Error code 10 on the Device Manager :  Error Code 10 The device cannot start A request for the HID descriptor failed. When this happens the windows touchpad menu in the settings also doesnt appear. When the touchpad is working it there are 2 things in the device manager which ig work in conjunction : I2C HID Device under the Human Interface Devices Menu and Elan I2C Filter Driver under the Mice and other pointing devices menu. Whereas when the device doesnt work it shows just shows a yellow error symbol on the I2C HID Device and has no mention of I2C Filter Driver under the mice and other pointing devices menu.....PLEASE HELP ive tried everything in my knowledge reset the laptop reinstalled all drivers from the website updated the drivers cleaned up the old drivers from the registry changed registry values and reset it again... ive also tried to reinstall the windows using the ISO while keeping my apps and data....PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE OUT A WAY TO GET IT TO WORK I AM IN DIRE NEED OF A SOLUTION....

Answers

• WIckedSIck
    WIckedSIck Member Posts: 58 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Hey.
    Believe me, it's a faulty driver.
    Here is a detailed solution about the same problem i had:
    P.S: recently, my problem went back. i realized i updated my Wi-Fi driver, when i rolled it back to the Acer's version, problem went away.
    I don't know certainly, but i guess it's somehow related to drivers.

• Halfborn
    Halfborn Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Ohh Ohkay sir ill try all those things once will get back to u in a day or 2 ... please could u send me ur pvt email address for further one on one communication...somewhere u r available and active ..... Thanks