Sudden corruption of Touch pad Nitro 5 AN515-54

WIckedSIck
WIckedSIck Member Posts: 58 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited May 2022 in Nitro Gaming
Hello.
Recently my touch pad suddenly stops working and doesn't work. makes me un-install HID driver and restart the device or ... to get back to working.
Any ideas?
I tried uninstalling HID complaint touch pad in Device manager, installing newest version which released for my Laptop, and resetting bios.
No helps. it gets fixed, and suddenly while laptop is turned on, it stops working.
laptop mode: Nitro 5 AN515-54

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Best Answer

• WIckedSIck
    Answer ✓
    I've managed to solve the problem myself. touch-pad is working good so far for ~1 week.
    Here is a step-by-step guide for anyone facing the same issue:
    *Proceed to next number if your problem hasn't solved

1: Basically check for turned-off touch-pad with your Fn + F7 key. double check in your bios too.

2:Uninstall all "Intel Serial IO" drivers in Device manager + Uninstall your HID complaint touch-pad, i2c HID device, and synaptics driver beneath "Human interface devices" section.
    DO NOT SCAN FOR HARDWARE CHANGES between these steps, do a restart after you did.

3: Install Intel IO drivers and Touch-pad drivers(likely Synaptic) from https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers
    and restart

4:
    1. Press – Windows key.
    2. Type – cmd.exe.
    3. Right-click on Command Prompt and choose – Run as administrator.
    4. To allow User Account Control, click – Yes.
    5. Copy-paste the following in the command prompt and hit Enter
    msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic

5: Use following tutorials "Disable Tablet PC input service" and "Uninstall other mouse drivers" from this link:
    *Tablet PC input service may called "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service" in your Services app
    *The last one seem to fixed my issue.

Thank you for your efforts.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    You could try reinstalling Intel Serial IO driver after downloading from Acer support site.

• WIckedSIck
    Hello. I tried it. still the issue persists.
  • WIckedSIck
    This is just WEIRD!
    Suddenly with no known reasons, my touchpad starts having issues and "
    A request for the HID descriptor failed - Code 10" in HID I2C in the device manager.
    After few system restarts and turning off and turning touchpad on, disabling and uninstalling and reinstalling corrupted drivers, it starts working again.
    Any ideas?
    P.S: already tried sfc/scannow, dism check, turning off and on the touchpad via Fn keys, reinstalling touchpad and IO drivers. no lucks.
    I would really appreciate if anyone can lend me a hand here.

• Have you tried disconnecting the touchpad from the motherboard?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • WIckedSIck
    Have you tried disconnecting the touchpad from the motherboard?

Hello. Thank you for your answer.
    No i haven't tried that yet(opening laptop). i was surely giving it a shot and try cleaning ports, but before I'm going to do all the soft-ware methods.
    I'm guessing it'd be software since with restarts and disabling and reinstallling HID drivers it gets fixed.
  • Try resetting the battery: disable fast startup in power options, turn off the computer, unplug the power adapter, press the power button for thirty seconds and leave the computer off for half an hour.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • WIckedSIck
    Try resetting the battery: disable fast startup in power options, turn off the computer, unplug the power adapter, press the power button for thirty seconds and leave the computer off for half an hour.

Thank you for your answer.
    Does the battery really have connections to touchpad? i rather not reset it without a reliable reason.
    Thank you.
  • Resetting the battery usually fixes some issues. I would perform the battery reset.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• WIckedSIck
    Resetting the battery usually fixes some issues. I would perform the battery reset.

Does resetting my battery have any side-effects?
    Like reducing my battery lifetime? or anything else?
  • Battery reset will eliminate static energy and reset bios settings.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• WIckedSIck
    Answer ✓
    I've managed to solve the problem myself. touch-pad is working good so far for ~1 week.
    Here is a step-by-step guide for anyone facing the same issue:
    *Proceed to next number if your problem hasn't solved

1: Basically check for turned-off touch-pad with your Fn + F7 key. double check in your bios too.

2:Uninstall all "Intel Serial IO" drivers in Device manager + Uninstall your HID complaint touch-pad, i2c HID device, and synaptics driver beneath "Human interface devices" section.
    DO NOT SCAN FOR HARDWARE CHANGES between these steps, do a restart after you did.

3: Install Intel IO drivers and Touch-pad drivers(likely Synaptic) from https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers
    and restart

4:
    1. Press – Windows key.
    2. Type – cmd.exe.
    3. Right-click on Command Prompt and choose – Run as administrator.
    4. To allow User Account Control, click – Yes.
    5. Copy-paste the following in the command prompt and hit Enter
    msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic

5: Use following tutorials "Disable Tablet PC input service" and "Uninstall other mouse drivers" from this link:
    *Tablet PC input service may called "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service" in your Services app
    *The last one seem to fixed my issue.

Thank you for your efforts.