Replaced my Acer 15 G9-593 with new battery(changed twice) but only charging until 20%. Any Solution

Options
2»

Answers

• ivantiamzon
    ivantiamzon Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Options
    right now, I am using it, the battery icon orange is blinking
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,592 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>it started to drain down from 20% to 18% now.>>>

I suspect the charge itself is the most likely problem. Does the charger feel hot?

Jack E/NJ

• ivantiamzon
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>it started to drain down from 20% to 18% now.>>>

I suspect the charge itself is the most likely problem. Does the charger feel hot?

its just warm, not really hot to touch, I'm not sure if I should buy another charger what if I bought charger and still not working what is the other problem do you think?
  • JackE
    Options

Buy one from a vendor with a good return merchandise authorization (RMA) policy just in case it doesn't solve the problem. If the new charger and the new batteries didn't work, then it is a more serious problem either with the mainboard or the Windows installation. The best way to rule in or rule a hardware problem is a complete erase everything ACER OEM factory reset from the hidden Acer recovery partition. A reset is a rather drastic method which would require backing up your personal files before you do it.

Jack E/NJ

• ivantiamzon
    Options

not sure if this will help. this is taken from HWINFO, I'll try to buy a charger instead of a new laptop hopefully this one will work.

• JackE
    Options

Battery should be near 15 volts even at 17.8% charge level. If HWInfo is accurate, this looks more like a bad battery. It will be interesting to see what a new charger will do.

Jack E/NJ