Replaced my Acer 15 G9-593 with new battery(changed twice) but only charging until 20%. Any Solution

Options
ivantiamzon
ivantiamzon Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
it also turns off when I try to unplug the power adapter, that means its not supplying the laptop with power when I unplug

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    (1) Search 'cmd' in Windows start menu.
    (2) Right click command prompt near top of menu.
    (3) Click run as administrator.
    (4) Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport' at command prompt.
    (5) Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer.
    (6) Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser.
    (7) Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible that compares design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity.

Jack E/NJ

• ivantiamzon
    Options
    If I try unplugging it, it will turn off, but it says here I have 20%, I also tried removing the battery and turning it on(it just says that no battery active) and I tried to replug again the new battery same thing the battery icon has 20% and when I try to unplug it it turns off, which means there is no power received when unplugged. 

• JackE
    Options
    Are you trying to  use a charge limiter with Acer or some other battery application?

Jack E/NJ

• ivantiamzon
    Options
    JackE said:
    Are you trying to  use a charge limiter with Acer or some other battery application?
    I never used such applications. 
  • ivantiamzon
    Options
  • JackE
    Options
    Search Windows start menu for 'care center'. Does Acer Care Center appear near top of Windows menu?

Jack E/NJ

• ivantiamzon
    Options
    yes here it is Jack

• JackE
    Options
    What tune up options are available?

Jack E/NJ

• ivantiamzon
    Options
    JackE said:
    What tune up options are available?
    here are the tune up available

• JackE
    Options
    With the machine turned off but charger plugged in, does the battery charge LED turn from steady yellow/orange color to steady red color?

Jack E/NJ

• ivantiamzon
    Options
    JackE said:
    With the machine turned off but charger plugged in, does the battery charge LED turn from steady yellow/orange color to steady red color?
    steady yellow, then after sometime when the charger left plugged in the charging(orange) is blinking. 
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>steady yellow, then after sometime when the charger left plugged in the charging(orange) is blinking.  >>>

If it's plugged in and not turned on for about 24 hours,  does it ever turn steady red color?

Jack E/NJ

• ivantiamzon
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>steady yellow, then after sometime when the charger left plugged in the charging(orange) is blinking.  >>>

If it's plugged in and not turned on for about 24 hours,  does it ever turn steady red color?
    sorry accidentaly pressed, the this is the answer. No, only the orange battery icon is either blinking or steady
  • JackE
    Options
    What happens when you check battery now in the Care Center?

Jack E/NJ

• ivantiamzon
    Options
    I'm kinda frustrated because the seller sent me another battery now, it says 0% but the charger icon is charging. But all of those batteries says in good condition when I open acer care center. Any other solutions for this problem?
  • ivantiamzon
    Options
    you think its the dc power jack broken or the charger itself?
  • ivantiamzon
    Options
  • JackE
    Options
    If the battery report still looks like this and stops at 20%, it's more likely the charger itself or some kind of charge limiter has been triggered. Does battery report still look like the image below?

Jack E/NJ

• ivantiamzon
    Options
    JackE said:
    If the battery report still looks like this and stops at 20%, it's more likely the charger itself or some kind of charge limiter has been triggered. Does battery report still look like the image below?

Here is the report with 2nd battery replaced.
  • ivantiamzon
    Options
    it started to drain down from 20% to 18% now.