Desktop Screen is Blinking Nitro AN517-52

JeffreyShields207
JeffreyShields207 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited July 2022 in Nitro Gaming
Jeffrey Shields.

I have a Nitro AN517-52, Windows 11, I just did a reset on it and the next thing I knew after I signed in with my password it went to the Desktop Screen and that is where the screen is blinking from the wallpaper on the desktop to a white screen, i cannot get it to do anything, I cannot right click on it because nothing happens.  The mouse pointer is spinning.  I have tried everything to try and fix it and no luck so far, so here I am asking you good people in the community. Please anything that i can get for help would be greatly appreciated.  these 2 pictures are what my screen is blinking back and forth.  

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,847 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    >>>Troubleshoot Reset your PC, or see Advanced options>>>

Choose this option. In the screen that follows, try to get to the command prompt. A black screen with small white characters with a blinking cursor that looks similar to the following characters.
      X : \sysem32\ > _

If you get to this black command prompt screen, report back for further instructions.

Jack E/NJ

• JeffreyShields207
    Answer ✓
    Do you think that now that it is running well again in Windows 10 that it will be okay to run Windows 11 again.  It had windows 11 on it before i reset the computer and it might of just had the issues from something that my roommate may of done.  

Answers

• JackE
    Press and hold power button till laptop shuts off. Unplug charger. Then press and hold power button for 10 seconds. Then plug charger back in. Wait for battery charge LED to turn steady blue. Then try to turn it on again.

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,889 Trailblazer
    Just as an addition, try to also open the back cover and disconnect the screen plug to the mobo and connect it back again, as it could have dislodged from its plug, also check the plugs if any of its pins are not damaged or burned as screen issues like you have are a hardware issue and could also be the actual screen that is on its way out and needs replacing. 
  • JeffreyShields207
    This solution did not work, when it is stuck on the blinking screen it will not allow me to do anything whatsoever, I thought if I could make it to graphic settings i might be able to work out whatever is wrong with it.  
    Let me ask you - what are your thoughts that I might able to bypass the laptop monitor, and replace that with and external gaming monitor. I do have a very nice LG ULTRAGEAR INTEL(R) DISPLAY MONITOR.  I do have a DisplayPort cable. or HDMI.  I could live with a solution like that until i can figure out what is causing this issue.
  • davidbecks
    davidbecks Member Posts: 4 New User

1. Update All Drivers

The screen of your laptop may flicker or blink very frequently if you are using the wrong or outdated drivers on your Laptop. So, you need to download and replace all the drivers. Make sure that each driver is compatible with your Windows version.

Steps to Update or Replace a Driver 

• Press the Windows logo button and search for “Device Manager”
    • Click on the search result and take a look at all the drivers
    • Now search and Download all the Drivers from Acer Support
    • To Update, a Driver click on any Device option such as “Batteries”
    • Acer Nitro 5 Screen flickering fix

• Now Click on the Microsoft AC Adapter option
    • Under the “Driver” tab click on the “Update Driver” option where you can select the driver which you want to install.
    • If the problem is not solved by updating the drivers of your Laptop then it may be solved by updating the BIOS.
  • JeffreyShields207
    edited July 2022
    while waiting for your reply i said to myself to just try it  so i did and i found out that maybe its a different issue, because when i connect the monitor to the laptop it is just a repeat on both screens, which leaves me wondering if this might be a whole different issue perhaps drivers or something similar. 
  • davidbecks
    davidbecks Member Posts: 4 New User

1. Update All Drivers

The screen of your laptop may flicker or blink very frequently if you are using wrong or outdated drivers on your Laptop. So, you need to download and replace all the drivers. Make sure that each driver is compatible with your Windows version.

Steps to Update or Replace a Driver 

• Press the Windows logo button and search for “Device Manager”
    • Click on the search result and take a look at all the drivers
    • Now search and Download all the Drivers from Acer Support.
    • To Update, a Driver click on any Device option such as “Batteries”
    • Acer Nitro 5 Screen flickering fix

• Now Click on Microsoft AC Adapter option
    • Under the “Driver” tab click on the “Update Driver” option where you can select the driver which you want to install.
    • If the problem is not solved by updating the drivers of your Laptop then it may be solved by updating the BIOS.
  • JeffreyShields207
    After signing in with password the screen starts flickering and the mouse icon is spinning, however right click on mouse doesn't work, windows logo doesn't work, nothing is seeming to work on the laptop after i put password in and it goes to desktop screen, its like is disabled.  I've tried HDMI,& DisplayPort that doesn't help so I'm not sure what the glitch is.  
  • JeffreyShields207
    So let's just say that its a driver/BIOS issue Acer has for this product 30 drivers and 9 BIOS options to pick and choose from and i have not clue which of these i might need.  I can download to a usb flash drive but then i have no idea how to go about replacing them on the laptop considering i can get off the desktop screen after signing in.  ANY IDEAS
  • JackE
    What happens when you turning the machine off, then turn it back on and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key?

Jack E/NJ

• JeffreyShields207
    The Laptop is totally shut down and when I proceed as you suggested it brings me to a recovery screen:  Blue Windows Screen: 
    Choose an Option:   

Continue exit to Windows 11.   

Troubleshoot Reset your PC, or see Advanced options

Turn off your PC

I have reset the Laptop 2 times now. 
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,889 Trailblazer
    edited July 2022
    The Laptop is totally shut down and when I proceed as you suggested it brings me to a recovery screen:  Blue Windows Screen: 
    Choose an Option:   

Continue exit to Windows 11.   

Troubleshoot Reset your PC, or see Advanced options

Turn off your PC

I have reset the Laptop 2 times now. 
    Take the laptop to an experienced technician that fixes laptops and NOT just replaces parts, as this is an internal screen or its eDP cable or even a motherboard issue that needs diagnosing and/or appropriate cable and chips replaced either with the board or screen? As and if its the gpu then you need to replace the motherboard as a laptop gpu can't be fixed or replaced, well gpu's can be replaced but it will cost you 2x time more than a new board. There is no magic fix that you can do, as all laptops have very intricate circuitries that interact to make the laptop work and give you an image and all this needs to be checked and appropriate circuitries replaced if they are shorted or burned out and your laptop can be repaired? A consumer like you can't do these fixes except and if you have basic knowledge and you want to or have the experience to replace the motherboard or the screen yourself? If the screen is the problem? As it could be screen only or motherboard, that are causing this fault. Also and its a good idea for you to work out if its cheaper to buy/replace the screen or board or have a tech look and fix your screens problems which is an intricate diagnoses of where your problem is?  

Have a look at the back of your LED 17.3” screens reference number and see which one it is and also do the same for your motherboard (if you want to replace them?) and replace either of these components with the exact Acer type and part numbers, below are your AN517-52's Acer parts numbers as a reference if you want to go either way?

LED screens list fitted to your AN517-52

Acer OEM Motherboards fitted to the AN517-52

eDP cable

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    >>>Troubleshoot Reset your PC, or see Advanced options>>>

Choose this option. In the screen that follows, try to get to the command prompt. A black screen with small white characters with a blinking cursor that looks similar to the following characters.
      X : \sysem32\ > _

If you get to this black command prompt screen, report back for further instructions.

Jack E/NJ

• JeffreyShields207
    JakE

I can get to this screen 

X : \windows\system32>

• JackE
    At the X : \windows\system32> _ command prompt, enter 'sfc  /scannow'  This is the Windows system file checker. If it runs, it should take quite a while to finish. If it doesn't run, report back for further instructions.

Jack E/NJ

• JeffreyShields207
    JakE

i typed in  sfc /scannow and within a minute it finished.

Beginning verification phase of system scan
    verification 100% complete

Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation

X:\windows\system32>

• Does the Acer logo appear? Does the image appear when you access the bios? If the jacke suggestion doesn't work, I would try to reinstall windows by pressing alt+f10.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JeffreyShields207
      egydiocoelho

I have done a reintall of Windows 11 3 times to no avail.  the only time screen blinks is after i put in password and get to desktop screen 
  • JackE
    OK. At the X  : \ prompt enter C : .  Does the X : > prompt now change to the  C : > prompt?

Jack E/NJ

• JeffreyShields207
    yes i is now at....      C:\>

• JackE
    Good. Now change it back to the X : \> prompt by entering X : at the C : > _  command prompt.

When back to the X : \ >  prompt enter 'chkdsk  C :  /f '  This should take a long time if it runs.

Jack E/NJ