Desktop Screen is Blinking Nitro AN517-52

2»

Answers

• JeffreyShields207
    JeffreyShields207 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    okay i ran the program   chkdsk C: /F   this time it took all of 12.64 seconds to complete same reply windows scanned file system found no problem 

i do have a clean copy of Windows 11 on a USB that has never been used that i could do a clean install with however i will lose any preinstalled features and software that original came with the laptop, and would have to find a copy of all the software from some where on Acer site to download and reinstall. 

i can download a clean Windows 10 onto a usb drive as well and again i would be facing the same download and install process. 

What would you or do you suggest i might try to do now?

Again thank you for all the help 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,846 Trailblazer
    At the X ; \ > command prompt, enter 'diskpart'.

(1) At the diskpart > prompt enter 'list disk'.
    (2) Please post phone photo of result if possible.

Jack E/NJ

• JeffreyShields207

hope this is what you needed

• Maybe it's a problem related to windows 11. Have you tried installing windows 10 too?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    OK. Now at the diskpart prompt, enter 'list volume'. Post phone photo of result if possible.

Jack E/NJ

• JeffreyShields207
    I decieded to go out on a limb and do i clean install of Windows 10 and successful, after it installed i went through the setup process and when it finish setup and came up to the desktop it was and is working like it should be working. NO flickering at all.  now i would ask you for another favor and if you could help me to find all the ACER Software that i lost when i did a clean install of windows.  
  • JeffreyShields207
    Answer ✓
    Do you think that now that it is running well again in Windows 10 that it will be okay to run Windows 11 again.  It had windows 11 on it before i reset the computer and it might of just had the issues from something that my roommate may of done.  
  • JackE
    Congrats. All the Win10 & Win11 drivers are at this link.

However, if was mine ---  and if Device Manager didn't show any red or yellow warnings --- and if the machine seems to be running OK, I would not install any of the Win10 drivers because they're primarily updates for machines that are experiencing problems. As for Win11, I feel it is still not ready for prime time.  Win10 support won't end anytime soon so I fail to see any good reason for going to Win11 right now.

Jack E/NJ

• JeffreyShields207
    JakE

Hey I want to give you the latest updates, I was using my laptop and it was working and running fine and couldn't find any issues so I decided to put in my Windows 10 Pro product number I have and that worked great so i said I'm going to go back out on that limb again and decided to used the Windows 11 update assistant and updated to Windows 11, so far so good everything is running smoothly, the machine is compatible for Windows 11 so i am hoping that it will continue on down the path of good vibe because i use my computer allot and am lost when it is not working well. My only disappointment was that my LG UltraGear Monitor is only usable on the HDMI cable instead of the DisplayPort cable which are far better graphics and screen clarity.  

So lastly i would say to you THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH for all your assistance it was greatly appreciated.  

jeffrey
  • JackE
    Thanks again. Hope that Win11 is stable for you. :)

Jack E/NJ

• You are welcome too!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)