Flickering problem in photoshop workspace. PLEASE help Nitro 5 (Nitro AN517-52)

Options
2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,557 Trailblazer
    Options

>>>>When i go to the Intel Graphic Center, and change rotation of the LCD screen from "landscape" (normal view) to "landscape inverted" - problem stops! No flickering at all.>>>

>>>So we think that : "If Intel Control Panel can eliminate flickering upside down, then they should definitely be able to tweak Intel Control Panel to eliminate the flickering right side up. ".>>>

Excellent!!! Keep focus on no flickering with upside down Intel CP image. I will keep following  your Intel thread. But will try to keep quiet for now. But I did not like Intel's superuser's responses so far.

Jack E/NJ

• Spiffek
    Spiffek Member Posts: 21 Troubleshooter
    Options
    You are the best! Thank you! :blush:
  • Spiffek
    Options
    I've add a new post under my topic in intel forum

Flickering problem in photoshop workspace. PLEASE help - Intel Communities - this is my post intel (nickname Spiff). Scroll down - i've added ours conclusion

Flickering problem in photoshop workspace. PLEASE ... - Adobe Support Community - 13029422 - this is my topic in Adobe forum (nickname Bart0101)

But Adobe  doesn't responsed to my post - so i don't what more to say to them. Just other people added their own posts with the same problem as mine.
    I readed Adobe responses in other topics, but adobe do nothing - turn of gpu, troubleshooting... this is problem dual-cards, and that's it.

Hope that Intel will help, and will write back to me :-) 

Thank you for your patience, your help, and withstanding my bad English writing :-) 
    If you are an ACER employee... please give him a big raise ACER!

and as for me, I hope intel will help...
  • Spiffek
    Options
    Intel is still not responding. But i've made a mine own video that shows everything, I've posted it to them.

https://youtu.be/KRO-v66qjWM

• JackE
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Thanks for posting. A suggestion.

The youtube video flickering seems to be most noticeable in the neutral beige-color desktop area on the left (see below) than the game image on the right.

Perhaps it might be more pronounced, if you just show the beige color desktop with caption "flickering right side up with Intel CP" vs beige color desktop with caption "not flickering upside down with Intel CP"

Intel Control Panel causes flickering right side up but not upside down.

Jack E/NJ

• Spiffek
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Here we go again...

Intel Graphics that they mention doesn't solve the problem (30.0.101.1994), 
    I have now newest Acer drivers for intel (27.20.100.8280 from 2021/10/13), doesn't solve problem.
    and Acer RTX drivers from 2021/10/13

Product Support | Acer United States

Adobe says to contact Geforce, Geforce says nothing,
    and Intel still want to contact Acer.

and I'm tired of it all  :(

Intel Moderator Post:
    Re:Flickering problem in photoshop workspace. PLEASE help - Intel Communities

[ screenshot ]

• JackE
    Options
    Spiffek---You might remind AlbertR that the "flicker rightside-up vs no-flicker upside-down behavior" is the same with both generic Intel drivers and the Intel ACER-oem drivers. And they only happen with Adobe/Blender apps with nvidia GPU enabled.

Jack E/NJ

• Spiffek
    Options

• JackE
    Options
    Seems like Albert would do more if he had the exact ACER Intel driver download link that you used.

So send Albert the download link to the ACER Intel driver that you used. To do this, right click on the driver in the ACER download site. Then click "copy link" from the menu. Then paste the link to your response on the Intel forum. .  

Jack E/NJ

• Spiffek
    Options
    But he says that ACER must update intel and geforce drivers specific to my laptop to work with dual cards.

Product Support | Acer United States

Also Nvidia have Studio Drivers - NVIDIA Studio Drivers provide artists, creators and 3D developers the best performance and reliability when working with creative applications.

ACER have only for Game Ready Drivers

Quote : "
     Correct, the proper drivers for your machine are provided by Acer, tested, and validated by them. So, based on that and taking into consideration that the computer might be working with a dual graphics configuration, Intel® and Nvidia, to get in contact directly with Acer support will be the next thing to do, so they can work internally with Intel® to, if necessary, add the fixes to their driver that is customized by them to comply with the features and functions advertised for their product."

Maybe this is a problem? 
  • Spiffek
    edited July 2022
    Options
    For now  I have disabled gpu acceleration for Geforce in photoshop, and force to use only intel gpu acceleration in this app, and flickering stops. And I'm using this software like this now.
    But of course I want to use more powerfull graphic card.
  • JackE
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Spiffek >>>But he says that ACER must update intel and geforce drivers specific to my laptop to work with dual cards.>>>

Please. This is not the point!!!

Albert is an INTEL technical employee. He was obviously willing to go looking for the ACER Intel driver on his own to try to help but couldn't find it.  So please send him the Acer Intel download link that you used. He was probably going to test it.

You & I and everybody else on this Acer users forum (except moderators) are not ACER employees. We are just users. We have very little influence or authority over trying to get an ACER technical driver update programmer employee to contact an Intel technical employee on this matter.

It seems to me that Albert might, as an INTEL employee,  be willing to go the extra step and maybe try to make contact with the right Acer technical update driver programmer employees from his position as an Intel employee. An Intel technical employee might have more influence over Acer programmer employees than us users.

If your machine is still within the warranty period, you may have more influence than me in trying to get ACER warranty service to make contact with an Intel employee like Albert to try to resolve this. I am not an Acer employee, I'm just an Acer user trying to help other Acer users like you.

Jack E/NJ

• Spiffek
    Options
    I'm sorry JackE.

I will try what you're saying. Thank you.
  • JackE
    Options
    Thank you!

Jack E/NJ