How do I fix "There are no displays connected to this GPU" problem? Predator Triton 500, PT515-51

2»

Answers

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,584 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    You can also apply thermal paste on GPU as well.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,791 Trailblazer
    RENATO0990    >>>I decided to change the thermal paste for thermal pads,>>>

Good pastes or putties like ArcticMX4 or Kryonaut are generally much more effective than pads.

Jack E/NJ

• MixedGridYT
    MixedGridYT Member Posts: 1 New User

I know this is years late… However I found a FIX for my PT515-51. I like OP noticed I had an issue with the gaming GPU not upclocking. Everything was repasted like 3months prior to the issue and everything runs cool as a cucumber as it gets for this laptop. I will say I went through some deep lengths like disabled in the discrete Intel GPU and a total GPU driver flush. I even went to Windows 11 hoping it would resolve the bug. NOPE…

SO THE FIX:
    Uninstall Acer Predator Sense. Be sure fast boot is disabled in the BIOS. Reboot and test the PC, it should work fine. Now… Turbo mode is BIOS tied. So you don't "NEED" Predator Sense on your PC at all really to game near max capability.

I can say I tried reinstalling PS but the same issue occurs, so something is likely corrupted in the Windows files that handles with it. Not a big deal. If I cared more I'd likely full reinstall Windows fresh, but it's a minor issue.

If I helped you out sub to my YT, I'm always here to help fellow gamers and only joined this to be sure I did my part to help others out. youtube.com/MixedGrid

• DenizK
    DenizK Member Posts: 1 New User

I was having the same problem. You need to activate the discrete GPU only via either BIOS or PredatorSense.