Can't enter BIOS System on my Acer Aspire A15-56

Options
Delay
Delay Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited May 2022 in Aspire Laptops
Hi everyone. Good day to you all.  I've just signed up. Could anybody please give me an answer on my first question?

I'm trying to install an English version of windows 10 on an Acer Aspire laptop which I brought in China which has windows 10 in Chinese. I have the English version of windows 10 on a USB  which I created by using a media tool. 

The problem:

When I start the process to install windows 10 English on the Aspire, whatever I do I cannot get into the BIOS system (which is the first step). I've tried using F2 and the pause button after restarting the computer and pressing those buttons when I see the Acer logo appear. However nothing ever happens. I can't get in. As this is a necessary step to install the English version on my laptop, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your patience.

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Best Answers

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,209 Overclocked Contributor WiFi Icon
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Follow this procedure to install the driver.
    1. Download the IRST driver.
    2. Create a new folder on the Windows installation USB drive and unzip the zip-file to it. You do not need a second USB for the driver.
        Just use the Windows installation USB drive.
    3. Connect this USB drive to the system where you are installing Windows 10.
    4. On the page where you select the drive to use, click Load Driver. 
    5. Click Browse, and navigate to the folder on the USB drive with the previous extracted files. When you selected this folder, click OK.
    6. Select Intel RST VMD Controller 9A08 (TGL), and click Next.
    7. The selected driver will be loaded, and the SATA drive will become available for selection on screen.

You can have a look at this picture from the german forum:

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    When you download the IRST driver, you need to extract the file with the program winrar, to the root of the flash drive. Then, just click on load driver, when the partitions appear during the windows installation and select the .inf file.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Delay
    Options
    Excuse me for bumping
  • wascas
    Options
    What is the model name? Why do you want to enter the BIOS if you want to install windows?
  • ianjairus
    ianjairus Member Posts: 74 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options
    On my Aspire 5 i press Fn+F2 to access the BIOS. I wish this helps you.
  • wascas
    Options
    If you want to enter the BIOS with F2, first press the power button and then immediately after that press F2 quickly for several times. When the Acer logo appears, it is already too late. Then try again.
  • Delay
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm in a different time zone in China, so that's why I'm late getting back to you.

Thanks wascas and ianjairus. You were both helpful. In the end I managed to get the BIOS up by pressing F2 constantly, like you said. Appreciate your help a lot. If it wasn't for you I would have just given up on it or been struggling for weeks on end.

Another question, if I may. Is it ok to install an English version of windows 10 on a computer that already has a Chinese version of windows 10 on it? Is there likely to be a conflict? Anyway, about to try now. 

Thanks again!
  • Delay
    Options
    The latest.

I am installing an English version of windows 10 from my old laptop on my new Acer Aspire that already has a Chinese version of windows 10 on it. During the process for installing windows 10 when I chose a drive for windows 10 to be installed on and clicked ok, a box came up that said:

"No signed device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, then click ok".

Do you know how I do this  "making sure" ? I've already browsed my drives and tried choosing each one, but this box always comes up. 

So many questions. Sorry. I have no-one in my vicinity to turn to for help.

All answers are very much appreciated. Thanks
  • wascas
    Options
    We can better help you if you give us the specific model name of your machine.
    Do you have a 11th generation Core-I-processor? Then the problem might be that the hard drive is not detected.
    Follow this link to solve the issue.
    Download the latest version of Intel IRST driver for your model from here:

• Delay
    Options
    I'm trying to post a photo of the specifications that I got with the laptop on a leaflet, but it won't copy. It has intel Iris i5 and intel core stickers on it

Model number N20C5   has two SKU numbers A15-56 and S50-53. There are other digits with those two numbers but they have asterisks in their places. Apart from that, I only know it's an Aspire.

Thanks a lot for the links. I will have a crack  at it.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Are the ssd and hdd showing up here?
    Como Fazer Dual Boot do Windows 10 com o Windows 7
    If they are showing up, delete all partitions until you have unallocated space and start the installation.

Now if the ssd and hdd are not showing, you need to click load driver and install the chipset driver file: https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/IRST/IRST_Intel_18.6.1.1016.2_W10x86W10x64W11x64_A.zip?acerid=637879372846881135&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=S50-53&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Delay
    Options
    How frustrating!

It looked liked I was at the final hurdle and then I messed up.  I successfully downloaded the Intel IRST diver onto a USB. I put the file on the same USB that I am using for the installment. The problem was that every time I got to the file loader part and looked for the downloaded IRST file, I couldn't find it, although it was both on my USB and among my documents. I guessed the problem was that I saved it as a file and not as a folder. So I went back and saved it as a folder. To make sure I could find it this time I also added the file to the support file amongst the installation files. However, after I got the bios up and set it so the computer would reboot with my USB, instead of the language action box coming up, a plain blue screen appeared for a minute or two before the computer shut off. I've tried it several times and that's all what happens now. I think I've messed up the installation USB. Just when I thought I was about to succeed. 

It looks like I have to go back to the beginning again and install windows 10  again on the USB. I will delete the present and what seems to be corrupted version, first.

egydiocoelho and wascas, appreciate all your help and expertise. I've learnt quite a bit. I just need the patience to start from the beginning again.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! Before, what happens when you press alt+f10 before the acer logo?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Delay
    Options
    Hi, I press F2  and the BIOS system comes up. Then I click the right arrow to enter boot. Then I use the up/down arrows to put the USB to the top. Then I save the changes  and exit using F10. My computer boots with the installation USB, no problem. Then I start the process to install windows 10. The problem happens when I get to the part where it asks me to select a drive to install windows 10 on. I put the Intel IRST on my computer and another USB and the file is on both of those. But when I try to open it during the process I cannot find the file. I can't open documents. I can open my USB which has the Intel Drive on but only a few files are shown, not the one I need. When I get to the select the driver to install window, there are no drivers shown. The panel is blank.
  • wascas
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Did you copy the unzipped ZIP archive in the folder to the usb stick? If not, the driver might not be recogized.

• Delay
    Options
    Hi,

I've tried many different ways. Is it best to put the IRST driver on the same USB which I'm using for the installment?  I have copied the driver to both a separate USB and the same USB as I'm using for the installment. However, in both cases the file doesn't show up when I browse it in the file loader. Is there something I need to do to the file before or during I add it to the USB? Do I need to make the file unzipped?  Is that maybe the reason it can't be recognized? Does it need to be put into a folder before it is put on the USB or can it go on as a file?

Wascas and egydiocoelh, thanks for your help and patience.

• wascas
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Follow this procedure to install the driver.
    1. Download the IRST driver.
    2. Create a new folder on the Windows installation USB drive and unzip the zip-file to it. You do not need a second USB for the driver.
        Just use the Windows installation USB drive.
    3. Connect this USB drive to the system where you are installing Windows 10.
    4. On the page where you select the drive to use, click Load Driver. 
    5. Click Browse, and navigate to the folder on the USB drive with the previous extracted files. When you selected this folder, click OK.
    6. Select Intel RST VMD Controller 9A08 (TGL), and click Next.
    7. The selected driver will be loaded, and the SATA drive will become available for selection on screen.

You can have a look at this picture from the german forum:

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    When you download the IRST driver, you need to extract the file with the program winrar, to the root of the flash drive. Then, just click on load driver, when the partitions appear during the windows installation and select the .inf file.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Delay
    Options
    Hi men. The latest in this epic adventure. I'm trying to convert the IRST from Zip to RAR  because whatever I do the file does not show up. The last time I tried it seemed to show up in five blank squares and was not accepted by the driver loader. But when I tried to use an online converter and attempted to convert the IRST it kept showing error. Is the file likely to be corrupted? I'll have a crack at downloading it again. I've pasted pictures to show what happens when trying to convert the file and also, the squares that seem to signify something wrong with the IRST when I try to choose it at the file loader stage. 

Thanks egydiocoelh and Wascas

• Delay
    Options
    Hi guys,

A quick update. I have successfully converted the IRST file to RAR using the same converter.  It's possible the file is not corrupted after all. Just need to try it with file loader, now. 

Thanks
  • Delay
    Options
    I successfully added the IRST driver to my installment USB, as an RAR file but the result is still the same. When I get to file loader and click browse and open the USB, Instead of the file appearing five blank squares are there. When I click, up comes the box saying "No signed drivers were found..."

The only thing I can think of is that there's a problem with the IRST file. I'll redownload it  The saga continues. Stand by for the next mundane episode! If you guys have any pointers it will be much appreciated. Again, thanks so much for your help and patience. It's been a learning curve. 
  • wascas
    edited May 2022
    Options
    I wonder what is so difficult about it. You made the mistake of converting the zip file to rar instead of unzipping it! Don't convert but unzip! Double click on the zip file, winrar should open, then go to 'extract to' and extract the file to the root directory of the USB flash drive.
    Hope this video helps.