Defective Keyboard on Acer Nitro 5 Gaming Notebook AN515-56

Options
2»

Answers

• gmmel
    gmmel Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Options
    For an exhaustive picture of the matter, avoiding suggestions already pursued: in IT Acer has the assistance office in Milan with the "repair center" and an official third-party spare parts supply point in Turin (for products out of warranty).
    But neither one nor the other provide small parts (to be clear: yes the full keyboard, no single keys).
    In my case I would have to send the PC at my expense to the service center (Milan) where, at their sole discretion, they would evaluate the type of "defect" and, if the guarantee were recognized, they would replace the keyboard, otherwise "my business"!
    In this way I would remain without the PC for at least 15 days and I would not have the certainty of free replacement anyway! not to mention that I should first save and delete all my private data (the disk is 1TB).
    I have already searched on the net for retailers of keys (I find only 2: laptopkey-europe.com in France and tastiperletastiere.it in Poland) or stickers, but, costs aside, they do not have my specific ones (Nitro5 AN515-56 IT, backlit, red on black). Nothing on Amazon or E-Bay.
    The cost is still high: 5 keys € 35 + shipping.
    The cheapest solution would be a stick of stickers, but my specifics don't exist (I could only fit with white letter stickers on a black background).
    My conclusion: I had and no longer have a good opinion on Acer quality, the defect is evident and the assistance not friendly at all (negative feedback!).
  • gmmel
    edited May 2022
    Options
    errata corrige: duplicate deleted
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You can look for the AN515-45 model keys as both models have the same keyboard.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • gmmel
    Options
    You can look for the AN515-45 model keys as both models have the same keyboard.

Thanks but nothing at all! 
    the Polish retailer ( https://www.tastiperletastiere.it/acer/nitro.html ) does not even have them in the price list, instead it has those for AN515-56 but not available.