My game randomly gets low fps on external monitor AN515-57-56FC

EmojiMan
EmojiMan Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
edited May 2022 in Nitro Gaming
It really doesn't matter what game i'm playing, but if I'm playing a game like warzone my game plays smoothly for like the first 20 minutes until it just randomly drops down to like 4 fps, after about 3 minutes the game goes back to normal and plays smoothly for another 25ish minutes until it drops again. This goes on until I get frustrated and quit the game for my laptop to crash. I am using a external monitor in my acer nitro 5 laptop.(11th gen i5  gtx 1650  8gb ram) but I do remember it happening while playing while the laptops built in display. I don't know what I did to fix it before but all I know is that the problem is back. I tried disabling the intel built in graphics but nothing happened. Keep in mind that this only happens when I'm playing games that uses lots of resources. The problem is not that the laptop is not capable of running the game smoothly because it worked perfectly fine before. Any advice will help!!!!

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Answers

• Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 687 Moderator
    EmojiMan said:
    It really doesn't matter what game i'm playing, but if I'm playing a game like warzone my game plays smoothly for like the first 20 minutes until it just randomly drops down to like 4 fps, after about 3 minutes the game goes back to normal and plays smoothly for another 25ish minutes until it drops again. This goes on until I get frustrated and quit the game for my laptop to crash. I am using a external monitor in my acer nitro 5 laptop.(11th gen i5  gtx 1650  8gb ram) but I do remember it happening while playing while the laptops built in display. I don't know what I did to fix it before but all I know is that the problem is back. I tried disabling the intel built in graphics but nothing happened. Keep in mind that this only happens when I'm playing games that uses lots of resources. The problem is not that the laptop is not capable of running the game smoothly because it worked perfectly fine before. Any advice will help!!!!
    Please share the complete model name of your device.
  • EmojiMan
    EmojiMan said:
    AN515-57-56FC is the model name of the laptop.
  • EmojiMan
    EmojiMan said:
    What is something you recommend to fix it?
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,761 Pathfinder
    @EmojiMan you can follow this post for Windows Optimization steps https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/612495/windows-10-11-optimization-guide-for-gaming/p1
    If you still have issues, feel free to ask.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • EmojiMan
    edited May 2022
    @AnhEZ28 tried everything nothing worked. Any other advice?
  • AnhEZ28
    @EmojiMan you can try to use MSI Afterburner to monitor both the CPU, GPU temperature, and their speed for checking behavior when you have the shuttering.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
  • EmojiMan
    @AnhEZ28 everything looks fine with afterburner. Idk what else to try. This gets really frustrating while trying to play. 
  • AnhEZ28
    @EmojiMan do you have the screenshot of the game screen with temperature details?
  • EmojiMan
    @AnhEZ28 This is the screenshot I took while the lag was happening.
  • AnhEZ28
    @EmojiMan do you have this info on the game screen? Send

• EmojiMan
    @AnhEZ28 one photo is as soon as it starts and the other is as soon as it ended. 
  • EmojiMan
    Sorry it took a while to upload. Hope this helps
  • AnhEZ28
    @EmojiMan is the Warzone installed on the SSD or the HDD?
  • EmojiMan
    @AnhEZ28 it’s installed on ssd
  • AnhEZ28
    @EmojiMan maybe you can try to add another 8GB of RAM to use the Dual-Channel which gives you about a 10% increase in performance since I see that RAM usage is almost full.
  • EmojiMan
    @AnhEZ28 ya I have thought of that before. But I don’t know where to find them. Do you mind giving me the link. 
  • EmojiMan
    @AnhEZ28 before I buy it. I want to try other things. Any other advice?
  • AnhEZ28
    @EmojiMan try to close many background apps as much as possible. For the RAM, the specs for upgrading are DDR4-3200MHz SODIMM.
    It will be something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Crucial-DDR4-Laptop-Memory-CT8G4SFRA32A/dp/B08C4Z69LN/ref=sr_1_3?crid=9DJMONUL1SVV&keywords=laptop+ram&qid=1652739500&sprefix=laptop+ram,aps,358&sr=8-3
  • EmojiMan
    @AnhEZ28 hey sorry for wasting your time but you were a big help. Apparently the problem was that one of the game launcher was corrupted and using lots of recourses. 
  • AnhEZ28
    @EmojiMan no problem. It is nice to hear that you have found the main problem.