Acer Aspire XC-780 Storage Problem

Options
2»

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,436 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    Options
    I've been running MWB for 30 years or so, since the dial up days. It does flag some sites that are not malware. But it catches many. I don't know who has priority (Defender or MalWares) ? Yesterday Defender caught one that MWB didn't. When Googling and clicking, I wouldn't be without a checker.
    Do I type run and then mrt.exe or is it included within Defender ?
    Thanks.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,587 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>I've been running MWB for 30 years or so, since the dial up days.>>>

Time break the habit. :)

As mentioned earlier in this thread, simply press WIN+R. Enter 'mrt'. Follow directions. It's a manual scanner that you can turn to as a backup when you suspect something might've eluded Defender. It happens. Just like it can happen to mwb. Before mrt (malicious software removal tool), I used to use S tin ger when I suspected something might've gotten by n ort on, or myriad other scanners, some of which came bundled with the machine software.

Defender and the MRT manual backup are all most users need nowadays. If you think you need more protection, you shouldn't be using Windows anyway.

Jack E/NJ

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,436 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    Options
    Thank Jack E. I did run MRT.exe on 2 computers, About 7 hours total. All was OK, Thanks but I'm keeping Malewarebytes .