No charge light when plugged in - Spin 311 - CP311-2HN-C2GR completely dead

Options
2»

Answers

• snmsr
    snmsr Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi, did your chromebook charged and got fixed?

I literally have the same problem right now, my acer spin 311 is fully charged then I removed it on plug, I have to do something so I flip it into like a tablet but I got sleepy and turned it off using the side button beside the other charge port on the other side. But now I woke up its not turning on (its not the first time it happened so assumed it got drained) so I plugged it on charge but theres no charge light which is an indicator that my chromebook is charging. Now Im in trouble, its just 4months old 😭 I need it for university.

• Stevecyberium
    Stevecyberium Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have three Acer CP311 2H chromebooks in my home, and within 3 weeks time they have all lost the ability to power on. I've always used the manufacturer's chargers for all 3 of them and only one is still under warranty. The timing of them all having this identical issue is insane. I've attempted all of the reset methods I could find and nothing but a black screen and no charging light indicator shows anymore . I'll be sending in the one eligible to be serviced under the manufacturer's warranty. Hope there's some other fix for the others I've just missed somewhere...

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options

If all three have the same problem, and all three happened at the same time, unless you have an extraordinary amount of bad luck (don't go buy a lottery ticket!) the issue is likely related to a software update, since it would be rolled out to them all at the same time. Let's see what Acer support says on the one that's still in warranty, my guess is they will reload the OS…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Joshledes_25
    Joshledes_25 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

press the escape and refresh button then the power button to soft reboot I had the same issue and it was resolved this way with connecting charger pressing escape and refresh the arrow in a circle then pressing the power button and it all started working again