Predator Titan 500 PT515-51 fps dropped dratically?

Options
2»

Comments

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,585 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>I am doing the right thing? >>>

I don't think so due to my aforementioned reasons. However, you might want to try reloading the Win10 thermal framework driver just in case in the old one got corrupted during the Win11 install.

Jack E/NJ

• Badgersurfer
    Badgersurfer Member Posts: 23 Troubleshooter
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>> I am just waiting for one of you folk in the know to confirm I am on the right track.>>>

The more you keep digging around in there and fretting/fussing over heatsink pastes, the more likely you risk doing collateral damage. Keep checking the ACER download site  for Win11 thermal framework and other updates. And try to cool it for a while by avoiding heavy game loads. :)

I fully understand what you are saying and I have taken it on board. But the Artic paste I have used has fixed the GPU temp buy the CPU is rising into the 80s just with photoshop which it didn't do before. I am assuming that the vram with the paste is not cooling properly so I figured I would use the Thermal pads. I am not using the machine until I get confirmation from you folks who obviously have the experience with this type of machine that I am doing the right thing?
    Problem with waiting for this driver is it could be forever or even never... I have checked and because my machine is 2019 it may not happen. I ran the 3dmark demo benchmark today to actually see what my temperatures were today and the GPU averages 50C and the CPU never wen t above 89 but generally stayed at 82. If you look at my first post the benchmark was 1938 and correctly so one user suggested to repaste and clean which I did and now the benchmark as you can see is now normal at 5582.
    I noticed I missed putting thermal paste on the area below the CPU with loads of pins which I pressume is the underside of something as I noticed it was heatsunk before. So I am going to strip, clean and repaste the CPU/GPU with the same Artic M4 I used the last time, but I am going to put SnowBabe Thermalright Thermal Pad 12.8 W/mK, 120x120x1mm on all the other components instead of paste. Hopefully that will be the last time for a year or two.
    I will keep my eyes peeled for the driver you recommend.

• JackE
    Options
    OK. Good luck.

Jack E/NJ

• Badgersurfer
    Badgersurfer Member Posts: 23 Troubleshooter
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>I am doing the right thing? >>>

I don't think so due to my aforementioned reasons. However, you might want to try reloading the Win10 thermal framework driver just in case in the old one got corrupted during the Win11 install.
    OK I went to the Acer Drivers downloads and downloaded the Date:

2019/02/12

Version:

Vendor:

Intel

Size:

7.9 MB

BUt when I went to install it it said it was earlier than the one I had installed. I can only assume the Intel update app replaced it. What is your view?

• JackE
    Options
    It would be a generic version not necessarily specific to the Acer proprietary mainboard. If it allows you to install the earlier Acer version, then try it.

Jack E/NJ

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Badgersurfer i would say you have a bad repaste get some kryonaut and use the spread method only a thin layer covering both diodes its enough too much its bad same as too less and make sure you lift the back of the laptop 2/3" for a proper airflow and also undervolting and optimizing windows properly its a must cpu shouldnt go bove 80/85ish max and dgpu 70/75 also upgrading to  win11 its a huge mistake for all cpus that arent 12th gen i wouldnt recommend it it was not designed for anything else other than 12th gen all other cpus do not benefit on anything from that upgrade in fact most will loose loads of performance regarding your vram chipsets you shouldnt use thermal pads it was designed to be used with paste not pads because using thermal pads will make the cpu/dgpu diodes not get in proper thermal contact with the heatsink  so either use normal paste or get k5 pro good luck :) 

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    This image:
    doesn't have the paste properly applied. It looks like you have tried to spread the paste out over the surface. You want to have the paste spread itself as the pressure is applied by screwing down the heat pipes. That doesn't allow for bubbles to form in the paste. If you spread it out yourself you will almost certainly get bubbles when something at the outer edge tries to squeeze in toward the middle. If you are going to use a spreader you have to be real careful to scrape off the excess so it's very even throughout, as shown in the video. You should also only have the paste on one surface, typically on the chip. Anything that gives an uneven surface will create bubbles.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.