Screen freezes and audio stops on PO3-630-uw91

Options

Answers

• MisterMan295
    MisterMan295 Member Posts: 33 Troubleshooter
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Even when I launch my pc and leave the Predator software be it still crashes. I just now deleted it. Also the original problem doesn't occur while I play a game.
  • MisterMan295
    Options
    Even when i turn on the pc and leave the predator Sense app alone the problem still occurs. The one time it doesnt happen is when gaming. 
  • MisterMan295
    Options
    Are my comments posting?
  • MisterMan295
    Options
    I deleted the software and the problem still occurs. This time it did happen while I was gaming (only once I tabbed out).  
  • MisterMan295
    Options
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Sorry @MisterMan295, I got involved in other projects this week and fell behind on my reading. If you don't have Predator Sense installed any longer and you have that bad drive removed, the lockups really have to be pointing at other hardware. A freeze that affect the mouse is typically a hung PCI bus, where a device on the bus has asked for, and been granted, exclusive access to it, then hasn't released that access. While the bus is on hold everything else stops, giving the frozen mouse symptom. It is something that can happen if a driver is poorly written, but with most hardware the drivers are pretty robust. We know it can happen when running in normal mode with the equipment that came preinstalled, and that it can also happen when gaming. Sot it's much less likely to be software and more likely hardware. :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MisterMan295
    Options
    so what should be my next move? 
  • billsey
    Options
    Are you still in warranty? If so I'd contact Acer support next. If you are out of warranty we are really going to have to do more diagnostics. Try running in Windows safe mode for a while to see if it happens. Safe mode doesn't load any third party services or apps, so it's a good way to remove them from consideration.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MisterMan295
    Options
    Out of warranty :/. Will do! 
  • MisterMan295
    Options
    As of now its 11:01 pm. I started safe mode at 11am this morning and stopped at 11pm and no freezing occurred.  
  • billsey
    Options
    Sorry for the slow response, I have been out of town in a hotel with very spotty internet service. :(
    So we can be pretty sure one of the third party apps or drivers are the root cause of the issue. Use msconfig and go to the services tab. Hide all the MS services and select about half the rest with about half deselected. Test again after the reboot. If it reappears the issue is in that half, so deselect half of what's left, etc... Eventually you can pin it down far enough we can go forward. :)
  • MisterMan295
    Options
    I think I've gotten it down the 4. I am now just waiting for it to freeze again. Then ill split it and do the same. Its a long process because it sometimes takes a few hours to freeze. 
  • MisterMan295
    edited April 2022
    Options
    After a few days of testing I have narrowed it down to 1. I will turn off acc services and see if the problem occurs.  
  • MisterMan295
    Options
    Disabled ACC services and problems still occurred. :/
  • billsey
    Options
    So, it's not the Acer Care Center, which tells us it's not an app or driver that uses a system service. Not unexpected since there are so many people using ACC. The next step uses the same process, but with the startup. If you go to the Startup tab it will redirect you to Task Manager and in Task Manager under the Startup tab is all the apps that run at startup. Disable and enable until it's found or not...
  • MisterMan295
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Will do, should I not open an applications during this process? Or can I use it like normal but without having them start up automatically. I’m also going to start with all of them disabled so I don’t waste my time just to find out that none of the applications are causing problems. 
  • billsey
    Options
    If you disabled them at startup, don't open them until you are sure they are not the problem.
  • MisterMan295
    Options
    I believe I have found the application causing the problems, all though I’ll continue testing. It seems to be predatorUI. This confused me because when I uninstalled predator sense the problem still occurred. 
  • MisterMan295
    Options
    Update, screen and audio froze after having all my normal start up apps enabled but keeping PredatorUI disabled so that eliminates it from being the problem. The problem still occurred while everything BUT PredatorUI was disabled. So im stuck. Ill disable them all once again and see if the problem continues. 
  • MisterMan295
    Options
    Problem still happens when every application is disabled in the startup menu.