remove cd/dvd brackets on aspire tc 1660

mandy30
mandy30 Member Posts: 135 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
does anyone know if there is a manual to show how to remove the bracket for the cd/dvd drive on the acer aspire TC 1660 please,I have just bought a ssd,I know where it goes but cant see the screws to remove the brackets

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,777 Trailblazer
    Did you get the ODD itself out so you can see better?

Jack E/NJ

• mandy30
    No I have,nt taken anything out at the moment I just had a quick look inside today,I have,nt received the drive yet so will have another look tomorrow but I dont remember seeing what you show in the pictures,what does ODD stand for?
  • JackE
    Optical Disk Drive = CD/DVD Drive

Does it have one or not?

Jack E/NJ

• mandy30
    no there is,nt one in there

• JackE
    If you want to use the space reserved for a DVD drive, then you need a caddy to mount the SSD in this space. Did you get a caddy? If not, you should be able to mount the SSD in other location iinside the frame or mainboard. What SSD did you get? A 3.5"? a 2.5"? An m.2 card????

Jack E/NJ

• This video can help you:
    https://youtu.be/JgK2dDq-vHI

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • mandy30
    I bought a m.2 nvme but it looks like i have been scammed with it,it has,nt arrived and no message from seller
  • mandy30
    This video can help you:
    https://youtu.be/JgK2dDq-vHI

thanks for video,I actually subscribed to his channel last night after finding this on you tube,thanks for taking the time to send this,but does,nt look as though i will be needing it think I have been scammed
  • JackE
    If you ordered an m.2 NVME, it would be attached the mainboard's m.2 socket, NOT frame's DVD compartment. Did the vendor try to sell you an m.2 DVD caddy too?

Jack E/NJ

• mandy30
    JackE said:
    If you ordered an m.2 NVME, it would be attached the mainboard's m.2 socket, NOT frame's DVD compartment. Did the vendor try to sell you an m.2 DVD caddy too?

No i think i have been scammed as it has,nt arrived and no message fron seller
  • Did you buy on aliexpress?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • mandy30
    No, I bought on facebook marketplace and paid by bank transfer so no paypal cover,I really dont know how people can do things like that and carry on as normal.

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,091 Pathfinder
    @mandy30 you can try to report that guy or call the bank for fraud but the chance is quite small. Can't really trust buying items from Facebook Marketplace unless you and the seller agree to meet at his address.  
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • mandy30
    I know I just wish I had bought off somewhere reputable,I am going to report it on facebook,I am sure the bank wont be able to do anything,my problem is i,m too trusting of people
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    You might put a stop on it. Hopefully no way that they have your bank account #. Yes cash only only and personal meet at a public place on those deals. Locally our sheriff department has a space set aside, outside for those deals to take place. Good Luck. 
  • mandy30
    thank you,the ssd drive was not in my town,I have rang the bank this afternoon and they have given me a phone number for the fraud dept to ring,was on hold for ages so will try again monday,just going to report it to facebook now
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Can you review your bank account online to see if the payment has been recorded ?
  • mandy30
    edited March 2022
    yes i have been online and it shows on my bank statements,facebook is horrendous ,I have spent ages trying to find where i can contact them,all they have is a report button which I clicked but that is no use to me I wanted to send a email because he still has the ssd on his page for sale so i obviously dont want this to happen to anybody else.Facebook make it so easy for scammers to get away with this.
  • JackE
    Can you post the address of the facebook page here so at least others on this forum might be aware of your experience?

Jack E/NJ

• mandy30
    I have been on facebook to try get the link for his marketplace ad but i think facebook must have taken it off because I cant find it now but it was on there about a hours or so ago,his name is liam michell and he is from ferrybridge.they have taken it off because i cant open the page from my messages either,they have,nt let me know or anything though,at least nobody else can be scammed now