remove cd/dvd brackets on aspire tc 1660

2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,777 Trailblazer
    If you're sure of the spelling "liam michell", google search the name. About a dozen FaceBook profiles show up in a search for "liam michell".  Maybe you can identify this person from these profiles.

Jack E/NJ

• mandy30
    mandy30 Member Posts: 135 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited March 2022
    i have have just had a message from him telling me he posted it but is working away and will sort it when he gets back,when I bought it he said he would post 1st class recorded Royal Mail,that was last Monday and he said he posted Tuesday,we will see what happens,he said he never saw my messages as internet is bad where he is so hopefully he is telling the truth.I told him I have reported him to Facebook but if he shows me proof I will get back in touch with them to put things right,I feel really bad now if he is telling the truth.I went on eBay and bought another smaller drive tonight too,what a nightmare this new pc has turned out to be,it’s been nothing but trouble in one way or another
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,091 Pathfinder
    @mandy30 just hope that he will do the right thing.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • mandy30
    I feel more optimistic now he has replied to my message and if he did post by recorded delivery there should be no problems,once I have seen the proof I need to put things right with facebook too,its so difficult trying to get in touch with someone on there,they certainly dont make it easy,things are looking brighter though
  • mandy30
    update on refund,it does,nt look like he is going to pay it,he sent a message asking for my bank details last tuesday heard nothing since,I messaged a lady on his facebook and asked her to give him my phone number(he told me internet was bad where he was working)he told the lady on his facebook he would call me that was 2 days ago,no point ringing police as they dont do anything when you get scammed,will try my bank monday but dont hold out much hope,facebook dont even message you back or even warn the scammer,so thya are free to do it to as many people as they want
  • JackE
    >>>he sent a message asking for my bank details last tuesday heard nothing since>>>
    >>>will try my bank monday>>>

If you gave him your account details, I suggest that you immediately phone or contact your bank customer service now if possible. Don't wait till Monday.

Jack E/NJ

• mandy30
    I gave him my bank details so he could refund the money,will ring bank today
  • JackE
    Yes but make absolutely sure that your bank knows this! That you revealed your account details to this guy!

Jack E/NJ

• mandy30
    Hi jackE I have phoned the bank and they put  me through to the fraud team,I reported him  and told them I gave my bank details,they said he can,t do anything with the details I gave him and they have refunded my money.I am glad to get a refund but I am going to message facebook again as I dont want him doing this to anyone else
  • JackE
    Congrats. Good for you! Thanks for reporting back. :)

Jack E/NJ

• mandy30
    did,nt expect to get my money back so that was a nice surprise,so everybody be aware of a liam michell  from ferrybridge on facebook marketplace,either facebook or he has removed the ssd drive now but he was selling more things but i dont know how to get to them up,I have also reported him as a scammer
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    So did you close your bank account and open another ?  
    If you gave him enough information to get money from your account then he are friends can do it again. 
  • mandy30
    No I did,nt have to close my account,the banks fraud team who I spoke to said not to worry because he can,t do anything to my account with just the account number and sort code