storage driver

mandy30
mandy30 Member Posts: 135 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
can anyone tell me where i need to place the storage intel driver,I have,nt installed any drivers as windows 10 seem to run everything without me installing any drivers off the acer website.the storage intel must need to go somewhere because unless i click load driver when doing a fresh install of windows off my flash drive my C drive does,nt show up.Is there a folder it needs to be placed in so that windows 10  install will install without me having to point it to this driver please.people on this forum have said that i should,nt need any driver but mine definitely does need this

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    I dont think its possible to just drop them on, the way you do it it by "slipstreaming" the driver into the disk, not done this in years though!

https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/slipstream-windows-10-integrate-updates-setup-media-iso/
  • mandy30
    I,m totally lost by this,I am getting the very lastest version of windows
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,186 Trailblazer
    edited March 2022
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • mandy30
    thanks I will try that later tonight,the bottom part is exactly like im having to do but i,m sure that i should be able to install windows without pressing this load driver button
  • Can you click on this function and send a photo of the options that appear?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • mandy30
    could you possibly explain how to install the driver please, I cant follow the steps in the picture as they are not in english
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,186 Trailblazer
    edited March 2022
    Press windows+r and type msconfig! First enable safe boot in msconfig:
    How to Start Windows in Safe Mode Windows 1087VistaXP - wintipsorg -  Windows Tips ampamp How-tos
    Then restart the windows! Then go to device manager and follow these images:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• mandy30
    sorry my wireless keyboard froze,here is the pic
  • mandy30
    Hi just tried what you suggested but it would,nt install the driver it said I already have the latest driver
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    When you tell the Windows installer to use the driver as part of the install process, it automatically installs it into Windows. No need for a separate operation.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mandy30
    Hi billsey how do i do that?,I am  just burning a iso so will see if that turns out the same as the flash drive
  • mandy30
    just tried the iso and that is the same as the flash drive i need to point to that driver
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,091 Pathfinder
    @mandy30 go to this website and download the Storage driver. https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/8935?b=1
    Extract the file and put it in your Windows installation media. When it asks to load the driver, navigate the folder you have just put in a select the driver. Those drives should show up and don't worry much as this is a normal issue that happens to some PCs with newer drivers.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • In case the ssd or hdd does not appear in the windows installation, you can also solve this problem by changing the ONBOARD SATA MODE in the bios. When you click on this option, do some sub-items appear?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• mandy30
    this is what shows when i click on that option
  • mandy30
    I have the unzipped folder with the storage driver on my windows 10 flash disc but it does,nt show, I start installing windows then it when i come to the part where i have to load the storage driver it does,nt see the one on my flash disc I have to point  to another place where i have another copy of the storage driver
  • OK! But when you click on that option and press the ENTER key, what appears?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• mandy30
    this box comes up
  • OK! See that an option called AHCI appears. If you have windows installed on another drive, first enable safe boot via msconfig:
    Buy windows keeps booting in safe modeampgt OFF-54
    Then restart windows and access the bios. Now change this function to AHCI:

If you've just been trying to reinstall windows, the drives should now show up here:
    Instalar o Windows 10 em dual-boot com outro Windows - Todo Espao Online

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• mandy30
    I dont have windows installed on another drive I only have this drive,I will just leave it as it is because i really dont want to change things in the bios because I may mess things up and i have already had lots of problems,thanks for trying to help me though