Can I switch case with the stock acer nitro n50-600 motherboard?

jimroy
jimroy Member Posts: 22

Tinkerer

Hi, my name is Lorenzo and I bought my acer nitro N50-600 with intel core i5 9400f with rtx 2060 6gb. And I want to switch case to a Corsair iCue 220T RGB Black and I want to know if my stock acer nitro motherboard can make the case fans in the Corsair iCue 220T RGB black work. Thank you

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓
    You have a DTX form factor mainboard with SATA, USB & other connectors as shown below. Perhaps you should remove the case so that you can see upclose what you're dealing with before committing to changing it.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Yes, the Corsair can use a standard ATX PSU and fans should work fine with the mainboard.

Jack E/NJ

• jimroy

Tinkerer

edited March 2022
    Okay thanks, i also saw a video on youtube how to connect the fans on the Corsair 220T RGB Black Case to a motherboard and we need to connect a sata cable which i already have and we need to connect a 9 pin USB header on the motherboard, and i dont know if my stock Acer Nitro motherboard has that. I want more help thanks.
  • JackE
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓
    You have a DTX form factor mainboard with SATA, USB & other connectors as shown below. Perhaps you should remove the case so that you can see upclose what you're dealing with before committing to changing it.

Jack E/NJ

• jimroy

Tinkerer

Sorry but, you have sent the wrong motherboard picture. I have a different one that is green.
  • jimroy

Tinkerer

edited March 2022
    Also here is the 9 pin USB header that im talking about, skip to 0:50 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbKDfFrAXl0&ab_channel=CORSAIRLAB
  • JackE
    Sorry. The earlier is for the 620. Here's the 600. The specsheet pix isn't too good and has 13-15 block out. The USB2 connector looks like 5-pin. The corsair plug looks like it'll take 5-pins but is  being plugged into a 4-pin mainboard connector with one pin missing.

Jack E/NJ

• jimroy

Tinkerer

Alright thanks, so should i connect the 9 pin USB corsair connector to my 5 pin USB header on my mainboard?
  • jimroy

Tinkerer

If so, are the RGB fans going to light up?
  • JackE
    edited March 2022
    I'm not seeing 9 pins in that youtube video at the 50 second of which I took a screenshot at the 50 second mark. You should  take a closer look at your own mainboard. And then get better info on that corsair box than shown in the video. I seriously doubt you're gonna find any n50-600 box users on these forums  who made the kind of switch you're proposing. You'll be the first . Then you can tell us how well it went. Good luck :)

Jack E/NJ

• jimroy

Tinkerer

At the 50 second mark in the video the narrator mentions "9 pin USB cable" and the header on the video has 9 pins if you look closely, but what im asking is can i connect that 9 pin usb connector to my 5 pin usb header on my motherboard safely? And what i mean by safely is that without blowing anything up?
  • JackE
    I'm still looking closely at what he's holding in his fingers. I blew the still from the video  below. Sorry, I still don't see 9 pins. I see images of 4 pins with maybe one missing. Perhaps you can take a better screenshot of his video that will show the 9 pins.

Jack E/NJ

• jimroy

Tinkerer

Hello again, so I bought the Corsair 220T iCue Black RGB and I want some help thanks, where do I connect these on my acer nitro motherboard
  • jimroy

Tinkerer

Here is a better picture 
  • JackE
    Have you opened the ACER case yet to examine the USB connector on the mainboard that I posted earlier? Looks like it's yellow colored.

Jack E/NJ

• jimroy

Tinkerer

Yeah I have moved my acer nitro motherboard to the  corsair 220T RGB black case, where do I connect the other connections that I showed you?
  • jimroy

Tinkerer

Here is the motherboard inside the new case
  • JackE
    The yellow USB connector is encircled in the diagram below

Jack E/NJ

• jimroy

Tinkerer

Yeah I know that I have to connect the 9 pin USB cable to the 4 pin USB header, but what asking is where do i connect these?
  • jimroy

Tinkerer

Where do I connect these?