Can I switch case with the stock acer nitro n50-600 motherboard?

2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    Looks like it's encircled in the image below based on my earlier mainboard specsheet photo. Kinda hard for me to see it since I'm not there  in person.

Jack E/NJ

• jimroy
    jimroy Member Posts: 22

Tinkerer

Yeah I’m supposed to connect the USB 9 Pin cable to the USB 5 pin header right? Also please help
    me where to connect these cables that I’m showing right now.
  • jimroy

Tinkerer

Alright i solved everything, and the final product is sick! Thank you so much for everything and have a good one!
  • JackE
    Sorry, somehow this image and response wasn't posted. It's difficult for me to tell since I'm can't see the machine up close like you can. But this redi encircled  connector appears to be the USB connector on the ACER mainboard.

Jack E/NJ

• jimroy

Tinkerer

Yeah thanks for your help though, the result looks amazing! I will post a picture tomorrow becuase i bought a PWM 3 way splitter so all the fans can spin up.
  • JackE
    Good luck. Have you tried to power up yet?

Jack E/NJ

• jimroy

Tinkerer

Thanks, yeah i have it on right now using it.
  • jimroy

Tinkerer

Hello, here are the results looks much better in person btw
  • JackE
    Cool. Where's the front cover?

Jack E/NJ

• jimroy

Tinkerer

edited March 2022
    The front cover is tinted tempered glass so its not really visible in camera and looks much better in person. And my cable management isnt the best but im upgrading my cpu and motherboard soon to intel core i5 11400F with gigbyte AORUS Pro b560m micro ATX
  • JackE
    >>>The front cover is tinted tempered glass so its not really visible in camera and looks much better in person>>>

Well, yeah, it looks good but what about air flow? The front cover on earlier models had stamped steel zigzag straight-through vents. If the glass has no straight-through vents, then does it have 90°side angle intakes?

Jack E/NJ

• jimroy

Tinkerer

The fans suck air from both sides, there is a gap between the glass panel and the fans
  • JackE
    Yeah. I suggest keeping an eye on CPU/GPU temps under heavy power loads. While maybe not as eye-appealing, a straight-thru fiberglass screen vent would've been more air flow efficient, than a solid smoked glass side vent. Simply because air flow has to make an abrupt right hand turn to enter the fan intakes.

Jack E/NJ

• jimroy

Tinkerer

Nope, i dont have to keep an eye on the CPU/GPU temps. The cpu reaches 69 degrees C at 450+ RPM fan speed in cinebench multi core stress and my GPU reaches 73 degrees C in Superposition Benchmark and its overclocked too!
  • xOTx
    xOTx Member Posts: 1 New User

Hey guys! Wondering the same thing as I'm doing this exact case swap today. I followed your tutorial with the help above and anything would be great. What PSU supply are you using, where did you plug the 9 pin, and where did you plug the rest of the cables above? Let me know! Cheers.