Random pc restarts (acer aspire 1660-004)

2»

Answers

• Balt
    Balt Member Posts: 25 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    JackE said:
    Not the VGA drivers. The might be drivers that allow you to interact with video thru for example a mouse, KB, game controller, touchpad, touchscreen, etc. I'm not sure which one is affected on your system.  Did you try iobit's DriverBooster freeware yet?
    Yes, installed and updated everything avaliable through it, and got a crash 30min after with the same errors. 
  • Balt
    Larryodie said:
    I have seen that replacing the BIOS battery has solved some stuck/restart problems. 
    Not really an option for me, i still have warranty and doing that would void it. 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,778 Trailblazer
    As mentioned earlier, the error message seems to suggest a problem associated with an input device. Either one that you added to the system. Or one that came with the system. Maybe a keyboard? Maybe a mouse?

At this point, about all I can suggest short of sending it back for warranty service is to start with only whatever input devices came boxed with the machine. If it still exhibits these behavior, then try changing one by one each input device that can be easily changed to see if the problem resolves.

Jack E/NJ

• Balt
    Answer ✓
    JackE said:
    As mentioned earlier, the error message seems to suggest a problem associated with an input device. Either one that you added to the system. Or one that came with the system. Maybe a keyboard? Maybe a mouse?

At this point, about all I can suggest short of sending it back for warranty service is to start with only whatever input devices came boxed with the machine. If it still exhibits these behavior, then try changing one by one each input device that can be easily changed to see if the problem resolves.
    Yes, it was the hyperX cloud 2 headset as mentioned earlier. Seems i have solved the issue now though, as i have had no warnings or crashes at all. What i did was uninstall the driver for it then take it out of the usb, then plug it in and install. Also changed driver in the HID-Compliant headset to the one called "HID-Compliant device", not sure which of these worked or have any idea why they worked, but they did! Thanks everyone for your time and trying to help.
  • Balt
    Balt said:
    JackE said:

Yes, it was the hyperX cloud 2 headset as mentioned earlier. Seems i have solved the issue now though, as i have had no warnings or crashes at all. What i did was uninstall the driver for it then take it out of the usb, then plug it in and install. Also changed driver in the HID-Compliant headset to the one called "HID-Compliant device", not sure which of these worked or have any idea why they worked, but they did! Thanks everyone for your time and trying to help.
    Let pc fully restart before i plugged it back in.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,778 Trailblazer
    Thanks for reporting back with your results. :)

Jack E/NJ