acer aspire TC 1660 bios

2»

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    mandy30 said:
    thankyou for that information,its very good to know these things,does the boot menu enable automatically when you disable secure boot or do you have to change something else to enable it please
    So, in your picture Secure Boot is still enabled. That means the system will only boot from images that have been pre-approved. Disable that and you should be able to boot from a USB drive, then turn on the Boot Menu on that other tab and you'll be able to get the menu that lets you choose that USB. You do have to do both... :)

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mandy30
    mandy30 Member Posts: 135 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    I have done a factory restore so pc is running well now,I cant test now because I cleaned the usb stick by following a video on youtube and now the pc does,nt see it,I got so confused trying to re install win 10 from the usb stick because people were telling me different things,someone said i dont turn off secure boot and some said i do,I have just ordered a new usb flash drive because I really do want to be able to install from the flash drive just in case the factory restore gets corrupt files and it wont run
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    Yes, I don't know why some people try to make such a big deal about it... You really only need to do those two things, disable Secure Boot and enable the F12 Boot Menu.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    mandy30 said:
    I have done a factory restore so pc is running well now,I cant test now because I cleaned the usb stick by following a video on youtube and now the pc does,nt see it,I got so confused trying to re install win 10 from the usb stick because people were telling me different things,someone said i dont turn off secure boot and some said i do,I have just ordered a new usb flash drive because I really do want to be able to install from the flash drive just in case the factory restore gets corrupt files and it wont run
    If you ordered the USB Drive from the factory. It won't work unless your computer is totally corrupt. A long story that I'll relate if it doesn't work as they may have made changes. Good Luck. 
  • mandy30
    I bought it off ebay so i will let you know,I will disable it tomorrow and enable the F12 boot menu
  • Callistemon
    Callistemon Member Posts: 106 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    mandy30 said:
    I did a sfc can and it found errors but said it was unable to fix them,I tried windows repair that could,nt fix them either,so decided i would do a fresh install from my flash drive,it loaded but when I came to do the install it could,nt find a drive to install it on
    For future reference, when SFC doesn't work, use
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    before it. If that fails, download an ISO for Windows and double-click the ISO. Use
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:E:\Sources\install.esd
    for Windows 10 ISOs from Media Creation Tool, replacing E with the letter of the mounted ISO. Use
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:E:\Sources\install.wim
    for Windows 11 ISOs downloaded directly, replacing E with the letter of the mounted ISO.

If that doesn't allow SFC to complete successfully, double-click the Setup.exe inside the ISO. This will reinstall Windows without affecting files, settings, or apps.
  • mandy30
    its ok now thanks as i did a factory reset
  • mandy30
    I have disabled secure boot but i have gone right through bios and cant see anything that will enable F12 boot mode,If I click on F12 when pc starts it come up with boot options and shows windows boot manager nothing else
  • mandy30
    mandy30 said:
    I did a sfc can and it found errors but said it was unable to fix them,I tried windows repair that could,nt fix them either,so decided i would do a fresh install from my flash drive,it loaded but when I came to do the install it could,nt find a drive to install it on
    For future reference, when SFC doesn't work, use
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    before it. If that fails, download an ISO for Windows and double-click the ISO. Use
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:E:\Sources\install.esd
    for Windows 10 ISOs from Media Creation Tool, replacing E with the letter of the mounted ISO. Use
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:E:\Sources\install.wim
    for Windows 11 ISOs downloaded directly, replacing E with the letter of the mounted ISO.

If that doesn't allow SFC to complete successfully, double-click the Setup.exe inside the ISO. This will reinstall Windows without affecting files, settings, or apps.
    I have,nt a clue what all this means
  • wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,217 Overclocked Contributor WiFi Icon
    edited February 2022
    Try this:
    1. Open the BIOS.
    2. Select tab 'Authentication'.
    3. Switch to 'disabled'.
    4. Select tab 'Boot Options', there 'Boot Menu'.
    5. Switch to enabled.
    6. Save changes with F10.
    7. Start your machine.
    8. When booting up, click F12 or Fn+F12.
    9. Can you select USB drive?

• mandy30
    I have ruined the pc now so it’s ok thanks