Fan speed problem resolved - Aspire TC-895-UA91

Options
Jim0000001
Jim0000001 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited February 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
Every few minutes, my CPU fan ramped up to maximum speed then ramped back down. I finally isolated the problem - an ACER program called ACCstd, associated with the Acer Care Center, was needlessly activating the fan. Uninstalling the Acer Care Center did not remove the ACCstd file - it reappeared on restart. Search this forum for "remove ACCstd." Hope this helps someone!

(​//Edited the content to add model name)

Answers

• Jim0000001
    Options
    Correction: search this forum for "How to disable Care Centre?"
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/448307/how-to-disable-care-centre
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @Jim0000001,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• Jim0000001
    Options
    Hi @Easwar,

Aspire TC-895-UA91

My fan speed problem is completely resolved after removing the Acer file.

Jim
  • Jim0000001
    Options

Update, last year I upgraded to Windows 11. Recently, the same problem with the CPU fan reoccurred. I disabled the ACCstd program again, but it didn't help. The computer is out of warranty now, but I called Acer support. To get support, I signed up to pay $9.99/month for a minimum of three months (then the service can be cancelled). A technician did a system clean-up, and that fixed the problem! Maybe I could have used a utility to do a clean-up myself, but for $30, I'm happy with the resolution.

• Jim0000001
    Options

Update, the same problem reoccurred a day later. I don't know if it was just a coincidence that the system scan and cleanup seemed to help for one day. There is no dust on the CPU heat sink or fan. The CPU does not overheat or slow down. The fan randomly ramps up to full speed for a few seconds then ramps back down. The random fan noise is annoying, and I'm at a loss as to how to fix it.

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,460 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    Options

The fan's bearing may be bad or need a drop of oil.

Providing it is not rubbing something.

I assume that you have vacuumed the area.

It's usually cheaper to replace the fan than mess with it.

Measure the fan's dimensions before replacing,.