Is There a BIOS recovery method for Aspire XC-830?

13»

Answers

• CrisCors1984
    CrisCors1984 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi everybody. Are there any news on this topic?
    Because unfortunately I have the same/similar problem. 

The Desktop-PC (Acer XC-886) was working (almost) properly (only a SMART error about data-HDD. 
    Win11 Home is/was running. I saw a optinal update of Firmware. So I selected this, reboot...another roboot...now nothing. 

Fan is on, but Monitor (via HDMI) is black, USB-mouse is on but USB-keyboard do not seem to work (normally the LED of NUM-pad is on and can be switched, right? But this is always off). 

I've tried, what egydiocoelho said (thanks by the way). 

For example, if your computer came with version R01.AX, you must download that version. Also, the flash drive has to be formatted in fat32 and converted to mbr, like this:
    diskpart
    list disk
    sel disk x
    clean
    convert mbr
    create partition primary
    format fs=fat32 quick
    assign
    active

That flash of USB drive is on and blinks few times but than nothing happens. Monitor black, keyboard "black", long-beep followed by short-beep and than nothing. 

Please, help me!!!

Very much thanks in advance. 
    Chris 

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    @CrisCors1984 you have a different model than the one this thread is for, so you are unlikely get an answer here. Start a new thread for your question, include the full model number, what you are seeing and what you have tried for far and we will see what we can do to get it fixed.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.