Image retention on Predator helios 300 PH315-54 Any fix?

Options
2»

Answers

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited April 2022
    Options
    @egydiocoelho they suggested me to revert to windows 10 and check but I don't think it's a software issue
    garvit_thakan tell them to get it fixed properly support in India tends to be really crappy as its 3rd party companies you need to insist with them or they wont do it escalate to the highest youre able to good luck 

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I still think it's a display problem. However, when you access the bios, does the image retention also occur in the bios?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • BhandariJatin
    BhandariJatin Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Here is a solution which worked for me....
    same problem was happening with me too... most used app is visible on the screen..
    so

I opened the intel graphics command center and changed the color depth to BPC_6 in the display section..
    Instantly it didnt work but within 1-2 days i am not getting this issue.. although its not the perfect solution but atleast i am not getting the ghost images now.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    same problem was happening with me too... most used app is visible on the screen..
    so

I opened the intel graphics command center and changed the color depth to BPC_6 in the display section..
    Instantly it didnt work but within 1-2 days i am not getting this issue.. although its not the perfect solution but atleast i am not getting the ghost images now.
    Can you send a screenshot of this setup?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • BhandariJatin
    BhandariJatin Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited July 2022
    Options
    so

Can you send a screenshot of this setup?

Just follow these two simple steps for now.. and wait for 2-3 days. Image retention is completely gone for me.
  • MihirDadwal
    MihirDadwal Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Himalaya said:
    With one problem resolved, it gave rise to another niggle, the screen bezel does not seem to snap flush on top right corner. Not an issue worth escalating for the amount of time it would take. For any having screen / retention issue in the future, insist for complete replacement rather than repair, factory finish is factory finish. Certainly not worth spending 1.1 lac INR (1450 USD) on product with such quality.
    By complete replacement, did you mean complete replacement of the laptop or just the screen?
    i also have this same problem of image retention and they told me they will replace the screen.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Himalaya said:
    With one problem resolved, it gave rise to another niggle, the screen bezel does not seem to snap flush on top right corner. Not an issue worth escalating for the amount of time it would take. For any having screen / retention issue in the future, insist for complete replacement rather than repair, factory finish is factory finish. Certainly not worth spending 1.1 lac INR (1450 USD) on product with such quality.
    By complete replacement, did you mean complete replacement of the laptop or just the screen?
    i also have this same problem of image retention and they told me they will replace the screen.
    What is the exact model? Example PH315-54-58VH.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MihirDadwal
    Options
    Himalaya said:
    What is the exact model? Example PH315-54-58VH.

its Predator Helios 300 PH315-54-790L.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @MihirDadwal See that there are some bios updates regarding the display:

Can you check the bios version?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MihirDadwal
    Options
    @MihirDadwal See that there are some bios updates regarding the display:

Can you check the bios version?

Hi, 
    I was at version 1.07 when this problem started, since then i have updated the bios twice. First i updated it to version 1.11 about 2 months ago and then few days back i updated it to version 1.12.

Also, the acer's engineer came to my place to check the issue. He said its an issue with the screen itself so it will be replaced. I don't have to pay as it's under warranty (because its an hardware issue). 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    When the engineer replaces the display, let him know if the problem is resolved.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    I just saw Image retention on my PH315-54 as well. Will contact Acer Support asap.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • Xenophobia
    Xenophobia Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Same problem. I just had it checked earlier and they said it's a hardware issue. I did everything.. Update bios, windows, and video driver, system restore, adjust brightness, changed wallpaper and screensaver, entered safe mode, connected external monitor and lastly, reset pc. All to no avail.

Why didnt acer recalled this product? Pretty sure they already know about the issue. For a pricey laptop, this is quite frustrating.
  • XdxD
    edited August 2022
    Options

That sucks. Ace should recall and fix it with proper replacement to all the affected owners.

• shrirang_diwakar
    shrirang_diwakar Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Got the same issue with the same model. The technical team replaced the display as well. but the issue rose again and now they're suggesting for another display replacement. They themselves couldn't identify the problem. Can dual booting cause such issue?

• XdxD
    Options

Get it replaced again. If it arises again, ask them for a refund/replacement. I haven't had it occur again after replacement yet.

• smockysim
    smockysim Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Any one newly had Image retention on PH315-54 predator helios 300 as well. Did the retention issues fixed to all after the replacement of display. also any gap issues to screen bezel after replacing the display . @Himalaya other pls update.

• XdxD
    Options