Image retention on Predator helios 300 PH315-54 Any fix?

Shreyan
Shreyan Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2022 in Predator Laptops
Does anyone else have a problem of image retention on the predator helios 300 PH315-54. I know its not burn in cause it goes away after sometime. But I don't know if its supposed to happen. Like the windows icon on taskbar or the youtube icon on the chrome tabs get a ghost image after I have them on screen sometime. Any fix ?
 [Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,761 Pathfinder
    @Shreyan sounds like a LCD defect. You can get it replaced for free if you still have warranty.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Shreyan,

It looks like hardware issue. Contact acer tech support,

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/service-contact

OR book the unit for repair service,

https://customercare.acer-apac.com/CustomerSelfService/CaseBooking.aspx?CID=IN&LID=ENG

• Himalaya
    Himalaya Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Shreyan said:
    Does anyone else have a problem of image retention on the predator helios 300 PH315-54. I know its not burn in cause it goes away after sometime. But I don't know if its supposed to happen. Like the windows icon on taskbar or the youtube icon on the chrome tabs get a ghost image after I have them on screen sometime. Any fix ?
    I am facing exact same issue with my helios 300 PH315-54. Bought this having QHD over FHD hoping to have better display experience, turned out to be a sour experience. Have already mailed Acer support, hoping for a quick resolution, cannot afford to lose the laptop for more than a couple of days due to work commitments.

• Shreyan said:

Himalaya said:
    Shreyan said:
    I am facing exact same issue with my helios 300 PH315-54. Bought this having QHD over FHD hoping to have better display experience, turned out to be a sour experience. Have already mailed Acer support, hoping for a quick resolution, cannot afford to lose the laptop for more than a couple of days due to work commitments.

Can you send some pictures of the problem and check the bios version?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Shreyan
    Shreyan Member Posts: 3 New User
    [UPDATE]

Turned in my laptop for repair. At first they insisted that the image retention problem was inherent to QHD displays and it would always happen, obviously it was all just a bunch of lies, long story short after much talks they took in the laptop for repairs. After 2 weeks , got back my laptop. They changed the display and the motherboard(apparently they fried it) but the problem was solved and there is no problem of image retention anymore.
  • Himalaya

Tinkerer

Can you send some pictures of the problem and check the bios version?

Here is the BIOS version

The issue

I visited the service center, they tried updating BIOS and bunch of other software related stuff post which they diagnosed it to be LCD panel related issue, I would've asked for complete replacement but figured that would take a lot of time, instead they would be replacing the defective panel once parts are received. Hope that solves the issue once and for all.
  • Himalaya

Tinkerer

Finally they replaced the screen and the problem is solved, hope it stays that way.
  • Himalaya

Tinkerer

With one problem resolved, it gave rise to another niggle, the screen bezel does not seem to snap flush on top right corner. Not an issue worth escalating for the amount of time it would take. For any having screen / retention issue in the future, insist for complete replacement rather than repair, factory finish is factory finish. Certainly not worth spending 1.1 lac INR (1450 USD) on product with such quality.
  • Himalaya said:
    With one problem resolved, it gave rise to another niggle, the screen bezel does not seem to snap flush on top right corner. Not an issue worth escalating for the amount of time it would take. For any having screen / retention issue in the future, insist for complete replacement rather than repair, factory finish is factory finish. Certainly not worth spending 1.1 lac INR (1450 USD) on product with such quality.

Can you send a photo of the region that is not docked?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Himalaya

Tinkerer

Himalaya said:

Here in the attached photo, the gap has reduced after gently pressing but the gap increases after some time.
  • Himalaya said:
    Himalaya said:

Here in the attached photo, the gap has reduced after gently pressing but the gap increases after some time.
    I would send the laptop back to the repair center. It is possible that the display was not pasted correctly, see:

These photos may also help you:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• garvit_thakan
    garvit_thakan Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I'm facing the same issue, within minutes the image retention happens and doesn't go away soon, have to watch some video for long time, even after that it re-appears when I'm on my desktop for a minute or two
    How much time will it take to get the display replaced in Indai
  • @garvit_thakan I would check the bios version first:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• garvit_thakan

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho already checked, on the latest one 1.11
  • @garvit_thakan Can you send a photo of the problem?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• garvit_thakan

Tinkerer

• Can you still exchange the laptop at the store you bought it from? Is your laptop still under warranty?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• garvit_thakan

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho it is still under warranty, plus for first year I have accidental damage protection also, don't think it can be replaced from store, it's 3 months old 
  • in this case, I advise you to contact acer technical support, so that they can replace the display.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• garvit_thakan

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho they suggested me to revert to windows 10 and check but I don't think it's a software issue