BIOS Update for g3-710

Options
Lukaz2021
Lukaz2021 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
Hello,

I recently purchased an Intel I7 7700 for my PC. I replaced my I5-6400 no problem, however, on startup the PC began turning itself off so I shut the power off before the CPU was damaged. 

After I quick google I came off with 4 options, BIOS, RAM loosened, Power Supply, and broken fan. I reinstalled the ram and plugged the fan out and back in. I left the case off a witnessed the fan spinning so I believe that rule's out Power Supply, broken fan, and RAM. I reinstalled the I5, and the PC booted fine so it re supports all of the exclusions apart from the Power Supply.

After more research I came out with the I7 need's BIOS R02-B2 which I promptly downloaded and followed the instructions to install, having had R01-A1 installed. However, the install progresses to "Installation Completed" and nothing happens. I followed the PDF in the appendix folder, which instructed me to let the PC restart itself. It did not. I manually restarted 3 time's and each time I came back with R01-A1. Weirdly enough I'm now typing this on the machine which has taken absolutely no performance difference's from the Update attempt or the fact I reinstalled half the components.

Can anybody help me update to R02-B2?

Answers