upgrade my stock PSU (500/550w?) in the tower - Predator Orion 3000 PO3-630G

Options
techmob
techmob Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2022 in Predator Desktops
Hi Everyone,

I am looking to upgrade my stock PSU (500/550w?) in the tower, I would like the community's opinion on PSU's with a 1000W combability, willing to to go as low as 850w with this setup Predator Orion 3000.

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Comments

• StevenGen
    Options
    techmob said:
    Hi Everyone,

I am looking to upgrade my stock PSU (500/550w?) in the tower, I would like the community's opinion on PSU's with a 1000W combability, willing to to go as low as 850w with this setup Predator Orion 3000.

Thanks in advance!
    TM

It depends on your budget as you don't need a 1000W PSU as the PO3-630 will never ever use that much power. There are many PSU's that are available today and every review has their own preferences and sponsors to push certain products. My top PSU that I've just installed in an AMD 5950X with an RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4-4000 RAM which is a High-end Gaming was the Corsair AX850 and alternatively you can fit the AX1000 which I didn’t need. Seasonic is also a top PSU with their Seasonic PRIME TX-850, 850W 80+ Titanium. My suggestion to you is to look at these PSU’s measure your spaces as these PSU’s are fully modular and the cabling will be very easy to route into the PO3-630 case.

• messer89
    messer89 Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    If you for some reason want to have stronger PSU then ok, fine but you need to know this pc will never use more than 450W, and even that only if you run gpu and cpu benchmarks in the same time  :)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,743 Trailblazer
    Options
    Also, ATX12VO PSUs are as scarce as hens teeth... The secondary market just hasn't gotten better yet.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.