Aspire TC885 - Internet speed ?

Hello,

Is this normal that my one year old Aspire TC885 desktop internet speed is just 15mo/sec on wifi ? every other devices I get 100mo/sec and they are older...

Thanks for help

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    What is the distant to the route and are there any obstructions in the path ?  I assume that you're using the same server for the test and also have ALL programs closed and other devices disconnected that could be hogging bandwidth 
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,452 Trailblazer
    Hello,

Is this normal that my one year old Aspire TC885 desktop internet speed is just 15mo/sec on wifi ? every other devices I get 100mo/sec and they are older...

Thanks for help

What PCIe WI-Fi/BT card are you using for your TC-885? As these cards are very reliable and very rarely go wrong but, one of the problems could be that its drive is corrupted and it needs its drivers deleted and reinstalled again or updated to the latest drivers or the signal is obstructed or the card is faulty. Give us more information as the TC-885 didn’t come with a Wi-Fi-BT card. 

• DirtyDozen
    DirtyDozen Member Posts: 8 New User
    Larryodie said:
    What is the distant to the route and are there any obstructions in the path ?  I assume that you're using the same server for the test and also have ALL programs closed and other devices disconnected that could be hogging bandwidth 
    2 rooms maximum and both rebooted, so no programs running. Im using almost brand new MU-MIMO router so problem isn't there
  • DirtyDozen
    StevenGen said:
    Hello,

Thanks for help

What PCIe WI-Fi/BT card are you using for your TC-885? As these cards are very reliable and very rarely go wrong but, one of the problems could be that its drive is corrupted and it needs its drivers deleted and reinstalled again or updated to the latest drivers or the signal is obstructed or the card is faulty. Give us more information as the TC-885 didn’t come with a Wi-Fi-BT card. 

How can I verify this on Aspire ?
  • Larryodie
    edited December 2021
    I would move the computer or the router closer, then retest.
    Type Device Manger in the search then go to Network Adapter to see your Wi-FI card and drivers.
     Also go to your Task Manager to see what process's are running when you test. Virus Protections are running unless you've disable them ?

Are you testing all the other devices on the same router as making you're not paying for enough bandwidth ?

• DirtyDozen
    Larryodie said:
    I would move the computer or the router closer, then retest.
    Type Device Manger in the search then go to Network Adapter to see your Wi-FI card and drivers.
     Also go to your Task Manager to see what process's are running when you test. Virus Protections are running unless you've disable them ?

Are you testing all the other devices on the same router as making you're not paying for enough bandwidth ?

Did test with two devices

1st - iPad running on latest firmware, upload speed 105mbps

2nd - PC running on latest updates, upload speed 25mbps

Card is Intel AC9462 with latest updates.

Tried to close firewall, but same speed.
  • Larryodie
    Is the distance the same with no obstructions ? 
    Also close all your Microsoft and other start up programs via msconfig. 

• Larryodie
    Please read the post/reply by William-Mk2 but be sure that your location is clear and near the router then eliminate hidden stuff. Task Manager is always your friend too,
    William-MK2 reply is excellent too. 
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/656630/aspire-desktop-tc-865-a90egqm-100-disk-slow-for-1-2-hour-after-starting#latest
  • DirtyDozen
    Larryodie said:
    Is the distance the same with no obstructions ? 
    Also close all your Microsoft and other start up programs via msconfig. 

Yep, all programs are closed (exept firewall). Like I said previously, only two walls of distance for both devices. Thanks for the link, but my SSD is running really good.

I went in basement with iPad and still got excellent speed... really strange that almost brand new PC not getting full speed either...

Is this a MAC address problem? Cuz randomized is ON
  • Larryodie
    Mac is for your IPAD.

• Larryodie
    Have you reset your router, do a good reset of one minute. Most use a paper clip reset. 
    Other than that, google "internet is slow on one win10 computer" 
    Good Luck,
  • DirtyDozen
    Larryodie said:
    Have you reset your router, do a good reset of one minute. Most use a paper clip reset. 
    Other than that, google "internet is slow on one win10 computer" 
    Good Luck,
    Yes, I did reset router, twice (also reflashed with default factory settings). Really strange. Looks like this is the maximum the PC can take (25mbps). But wifi card description says 433mbps is maximum.

For MAC, I was talking about wifi address, randomized is ON. Don't know if it could be the cause...
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    What frequency are you connecting at? 2.4GHz or 5GHz? When I connect my AX201 network card to the 2.4GHz here at the house I get really poor performance, when it's connected to 5GHz instead it runs nice and fast. It's likely because all my neighbors are running 2.4GHz systems, so each channel is pretty heavily in use, the 5GHz bands only have two or three SSIDs on them.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • DirtyDozen
    edited January 2022
    billsey said:
    What frequency are you connecting at? 2.4GHz or 5GHz? When I connect my AX201 network card to the 2.4GHz here at the house I get really poor performance, when it's connected to 5GHz instead it runs nice and fast. It's likely because all my neighbors are running 2.4GHz systems, so each channel is pretty heavily in use, the 5GHz bands only have two or three SSIDs on them.
    Both devices were tested on 5ghz. Ipad got 105mbps and pc only got 25mbps (same room, same distance and simultaneously) Network card is Intel ac9462 (one year old) with latest updates.
  • Larryodie
    Do you have an antennae connected to the connectors, assuming that it is this one ?
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000415109166.html
  • DirtyDozen
    Larryodie said:
    Do you have an antennae connected to the connectors, assuming that it is this one ?
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000415109166.html
    Its strange because I tried Asus Usb-AC56 wifi stick from work and it's working full speed! Disconnected it and network card intel ac9462 ran back to low speed. I guess problem is network card... Can I add an antenna to this card? Because Asus Usb-AC56 is not supporting Win10 anonymous wifi address...
  • Larryodie
    It has connections for 2 antennae ? They should have shipped with your computer ?
  • Larryodie
    Per this post and Billsey's answer. You have to buy the antennae.
    Was the card a factory install or someone added it ? 
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/559892/does-aspire-tc-885-has-built-in-wifi-and-bluetooth-card