Does Aspire TC-885 Has built in WiFi and Bluetooth card?

khalasi
khalasi Member Posts: 5 New User
edited October 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have found 2 driver after entering the product SNID. But it seems that those are not working. So, i am not sure if the Desktop has any built in Wireless card? It would be appreciated if somebody clarifies that to me. Thanks.

Best Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,252 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hello,
    Could you give me the first ten characters of the desktop serial number? Only the first ten.
    France
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,789 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    There are lots of different models of the TC-885 and some likely come without the WiFi/Bluetooth card. Device Manager should show you if you have one, and which model it is.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    If you go the WiFi card route, you'll have to buy a set of antennas as well, the suggestion above is a good idea for mounting locations on the antennas. You can also by a low cost WiFi adapter that just plugs into a USB slot. I've got several I keep on hand for connecting a clients computer to my home network.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• laurent_14
    Answer ✓
    Hello,
    Could you give me the first ten characters of the desktop serial number? Only the first ten.
    France
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    There are lots of different models of the TC-885 and some likely come without the WiFi/Bluetooth card. Device Manager should show you if you have one, and which model it is.
  • khalasi
    Hello,
    SNID or S/N?
  • khalasi
    billsey said:
    There is one named, "Realtek PCle GbE Familly controller". Is it the WiFi card?
  • billsey
    Nope, that's the Ethernet port on the motherboard. Sounds like you don't have the WiFi option. You can verify the hardware by opening the case and looking at the M.2 connector next to the expansion slots. I expect it'll be empty.
  • laurent_14
    khalasi said:
    Hello,
    SNID or S/N?
    Hello,
    Only the first ten of S/N.
    France
  • khalasi
    billsey said:
    Nope, that's the Ethernet port on the motherboard. Sounds like you don't have the WiFi option. You can verify the hardware by opening the case and looking at the M.2 connector next to the expansion slots. I expect it'll be empty.
    Yes, you are right. How much will it cost to buy a wifi adapter that supports 5ghz band?
  • khalasi
    khalasi said:
    Hello,
    SNID or S/N?
    Hello,
    It is DTBAPET025
  • laurent_14
    khalasi said:
    khalasi said:
    Hello,
    SNID or S/N?
    Hello,
    It is DTBAPET025
    Thanks. According to the datasheet, this model was not shipped with a Wifi/BT card. You only have an ethernet port.
    France
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited January 2019
    Hello,

If I were buying a WiFi/Bluetooth M.2 2230 card for your TC-885, I would get the Intel 9260 for about $17.00 USD on Amazon.
    I'm not sure if your computer model already has the antenna installed.  If it doesn't have antenna installed, then you would need to also purchase antenna.  There's lots of videos on youtube on how to install.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079QH5KW1/ref=sxts_kp_bs_tr_lp_1?pf_rd_p=8778bc68-27e7-403f-8460-de48b6e788fb&pd_rd_wg=1DBwb&pf_rd_r=581Y5J432NKH4BCYVGW9&pd_rd_i=B079QH5KW1&pd_rd_w=xCz9u&pd_rd_r=00070d86-9a20-4b6d-a925-73680c00a840&ie=UTF8&qid=1548263276&sr=1

The photo below shows how Acer routes/mounts the antenna on some TC-885

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    If you go the WiFi card route, you'll have to buy a set of antennas as well, the suggestion above is a good idea for mounting locations on the antennas. You can also by a low cost WiFi adapter that just plugs into a USB slot. I've got several I keep on hand for connecting a clients computer to my home network.