Options
2»

Answers

• rishu28
    rishu28 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Options
    Can you send a photo of that region?
    The French user uploaded a photo too: https://community.acer.com/fr/discussion/comment/1084714/#Comment_1084714

I know it doesn't have the lightning logo. But Acer should not write thunderbolt 4 on the Indian website (for the exactly same SKU page) if it doesn't actually include it. In above comments i provided links to the pages. You know as a customer how I would be feeling as I bought this device only after checking specs on ACER website to make sure they're correct turned out they weren't. If any Acer representative is reading this guys make sure you provide correct specs on your website 
  • rishu28

Tinkerer

Options
    When things like these happen a customer does question his own decision of buying the product later on
  • Lord_N
    Lord_N Member Posts: 98 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    rishu28

Same here, I thought I have a Thunderbolt enabled Laptop, since every Website and YouTube video reviews that I have watch said there's a Thunderbolt on AN515-57, lately known that it varies from different SKU's.
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    I agree that is pretty bad :( do you have the other type of model number such as NH.QBVEK.001?, it may be worth rasing with acer directly as my only thought is that maybe its a region license thing but thats a stretch
  • Lord_N
    Options
    Mine was NH.QENSP.001, although I fell inlove my new Laptop, I have a dead Netbook and a Lenovo Ideapad too, the absence of a Thunderbolt is really a bummer. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I thought it was related to the graphics card version. But the French user has a model that with an rtx3050 and the thunderbolt feature.
    I tried to find more information about the AN515-57-5620. But it doesn't mention thunderbolt: https://www.acer.com/datasheets/2021/4876/AN515-57/NH.QENSP.001.html

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Lord_N
    Options
    @egydiocoelho

Yes, already check that one and many more. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I still think the feature is just locked in the bios.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @rishu28 Can you tell the partnumber and full snid of your laptop?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• rishu28

Tinkerer

Options
    AN515-57 52N6 . NHQENSI.002 (It should be the SKU)
    As for licensing Intel doesn't charge fees for thunderbolt
  • rishu28

Tinkerer

edited February 2022
    Options
    Apparently Acer has removed thunderbolt from their site from where it was mentioned earlier (after seeing this thread). So I've lost all hopes from Acer. Maybe this is the way they do marketing. Show a feature on site but don't include it and later correct it for legal purposes. Only thing left for them is to delete this thread and my account just like they deleted thunderbolt/display port feature from their website.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I asked for more information on this model, for the moderators as well.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer