Acer T3-715 How to get in BIOS?

Kuen
Kuen Member Posts: 190 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
edited November 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
PC. Acer T3-715 Windows 10 home 64b. 21H1

PC stuck when "acer" logo appears, and USB ports dead.  This might be caused by the change in BIOS.  
How to get into BIOS & check it?
Thanks

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    With the machine turned off, press and hold the F2 then turn it on. That usually gets the key press early enough. What did you do with your BIOS to change it?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Kuen
    Kuen Member Posts: 190 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    billsey said:
    With the machine turned off, press and hold the F2 then turn it on. That usually gets the key press early enough. What did you do with your BIOS to change it?
    Thank you.

"What did you do with your BIOS to change it?"
    I have not done anything to my BIOS.  Yes, I would like to chage it or update it if I could.
    I bout three Acer desktop machines in the same year.  Two of them are T3-715. One of these two, has been having issues shortly after the purchase.  Three months ago, it got stuck at the start of the machine, stuck at "acer" logo, right prior to booting.  All USB ports were dead at the same time.
    Have tested every detachable part of this machine, even its MB.  Every Part is good if tested individually. The only component of PC that has not been tested or checked or examined is the BIOS.  Because I do not know how to do that.
    I have learnt from internet that Acer, the OEM, changed the BIOS in order to show "acer" logo when the machines starts.
    This is the fact.  And my PC freezes at the "acer" logo.  And my question suspecting the altering in the BIOS "MIGHT" be the cause of the issue.

Do I make any sense, please?

You mentioned the term "change" it.  Can BIOS be changed?  Can a common user change BIOS? 
    Help, PLEASE/

MANY THANKS. 
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,452 Trailblazer
    edited November 2021
    Kuen said:
    PC. Acer T3-715 Windows 10 home 64b. 21H1

PC stuck when "acer" logo appears, and USB ports dead.  This might be caused by the change in BIOS.  
    How to get into BIOS & check it?
    Thanks

Kuen if you can’t boot into your system and you are getting this and that your “PC stuck when "acer" logo appears, and USB ports dead” your boot settings may be incorrect. You need to get into the BIOS by pressing F2 key after reboot. This is because your desktop can't boot from its boot drive or any USB device if "Secure Boot" is enabled, so you may need to disable "Secure Boot". Also check the BIOS BootOptions to verify the BIOS setting is correct and is at the 1st and appropriate boot drive. 

To get into the Win-10 Advanced Options do this:

1. Press F11 as soon as the computer powers on, you can get to the Advanced Startup Options menu. 
    2. If that doesn’t work then Boot off a Windows Installation Disk - If you have an install disk on USB or DVD, you can boot off it and get into the Advanced Startup Options menu that way. 
    3. Or if all the above don't work then Reboot with Shift Key Down. 
    After and once you have gotten into the “Advanced Options” go to this link “How to disable Secure Boot in Windows 11/10” and execute the disable of secure boot from this guide. 

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    Kuen said:
    This might be caused by the change in BIOS.
    This is what made me ask what change you might have done to the BIOS... There have been five different BIOSes released for it, none of which say they added the Acer splash screen. The one that might have been thought to affect the splash screen was BIOS R01-A4 which added a Gateway splash screen to Gateway models using the motherboard. Note that the next BIOS (R02-B0) is described as "Fix Systems hangs up during BIOS POST", which sounds as if it is your issue. Do you know which BIOS is installed? Booting to the BIOS should show you the version number. The next two BIOS releases after that were both just security fixes, so not required.
    If you need to reflash the BIOS to fix the issue, follow Brummyfan2's suggestions here.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.